Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: West Virginia
Country: United States
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
· Possess a NCCCO certification for fixed and swing cab cranes.
· Possess a West Virginia and Pennsylvania crane certification for fixed and swing cab cranes.
· A minimum of 3 years operating experience with fixed and swing cab cranes, large track hoes, mini excavators, skid steers and all terrain forklifts.
· Possess aerial lift, aerial work platform and rigging certifications.
· Has leadership skills that facilitate the growth of other operators.
· Knowledgeable with and applies OSHA standards on excavation layback techniques.
· Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
· This is a field position and requires 100% travel.
· This position is subjected to the elements (heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.)
Essential Functions/Major Duties:
· Promote the companies safety culture.
· Be aware of certification/recertification milestones and be proactive in maintaining valid certifications.
· Assist with completing critical lift plans.
· Participate in daily huddles and safety meetings.
· Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
· Be familiar with operating manuals of all equipment on the job site, rented or Bi-Con owned.
· Apply proper winter condition operations including fuel additive usage, block heater usage, warmup periods and equipment storage.
· Ensure the work for the next day is understood and that the equipment is fueled, maintained, cleaned and staged for the next day.
· Efficiently store and stage material for handling.
· Efficiently handle and store dirt and aggregate in a manner that minimizes job congestion and additional moves.
· Maintain job site roadways, walkways and parking areas and install erosion and sedimentation controls.
· Assist lead operator with the troubleshooting of equipment issues.
· Assist superintendent with rental equipment decisions.
· Inspect rental equipment upon arrival and document its condition.
· Ensure rental equipment is cleaned and fueled when releasing to minimize post rental charges.
· Report any damage of equipment immediately and participate in the investigation of the cause and future prevention.
· Ensure that daily inspections of the equipment are being performed and documented.
· Organize office and tool trailers.
· Other duties as assigned, to include general labor duties.
Must be willing to travel, per diem is available for non local candidates. Must have NCCCO license and be able to start right away.
Please back with an updated resume if you or someone else you know is interested.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $33.00 /hour
Per Diem Available
224 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.