Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: FORT WORTH
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 76112
DescriptionAt Exelon, we've got a place for you!Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!The incumbent in this position must be able to communicate across all levels of the organization. The O & M Technician must have previously passed testing requirements and qualifications before performing this role. The O & M Technician electrical blocking knowledge must have continued to increase.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to operate, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all mechanical, I/C, and electrical equipment as required to support plant operations and maximize asset value.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES (means principal, main, major or most important duties / accountabilities that the employee performs)
1. Uses computerized maintenance management system to maintain and control work order system spare parts inventory. Perform maintenance and repair work on plant equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, fans, turbines, bearings, boilers, pipe systems, valves and limitorque operators. (disassembly, part repair or replacement, assembly)
2. Operates monitors and maintains turbines, generators, pumps, scrubber plants, industrial wastewater treatment plants, boilers, motors, combustion turbines and associated auxiliary equipment.
3. Trains and develops other employees in performing preventive maintenance and routine equipment service activities. Practices situational leadership, environmental and safety stewardship.
4. Leads equipment or system problem identification and recommends solutions.
5. Develops operating procedures for plant equipment to ensure consistent and safe operation.
6. Performs all work during an assigned shift in a safe, continuous and efficient manner while maintaining environmental and housekeeping standards within federal, state and local guidelines. Performs work per Work Management processes and ensures safety using equipment Tag out process.
7. Assists in requisitioning parts and supplies.
8. Perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Associates Degree in Power Plant Technology, Engineering Technology, or Electronics OR
2. HS Diploma with minimum of 18 months of trade or technical training in Power Plant Technology
3. Successfully complete the training requirements and time in job requirements for the position including previously passing the EEI TECH test
4. Availability for rotating shift work and overtime as required
5. Good oral and written communication skills
6. Basic computer skills
7. Understanding of power plant prints
8. Valid driver's license and access to an insured vehicle
9. Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes climbing and walking long distances
10. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Perform alignment and lubrication on all pumps.
Remove and hone cylinders, piston set, rebuild internal valves and assembly on air compressors.
Perform maintenance on limitorque operators (disassembly, part repair or replacement and assembly).
Perform maintenance (removal, repair, replacement) of pump mechanical seals.
Understand and be able to perform light machining (Lathe, Mill)
Weld (non code)VEVRAA Federal Contractor
170 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.