[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 512554
Posted By: Process Technical Services, Inc.
Posted On: 2019-01-27 00:04:01
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: MOC Specialist
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
The goal of this position is to produce quality MOCs with no defects. This position provides a key partnership role in leading process safety performance across the plant in terms of MOCs, interacting with managers, superintendents, supervisors, and represented crafts and operators. In addition, this position is responsible for compliance with OSHA PSM 29 CFR 1910.119 and EPA RMP 40 CFR 68. This position provides various analytical, data entry, secretarial and administrative duties for the MOC group. Duties include word processing, spreadsheet, Visio documents, and other data base applications, and planning; handling confidential and sensitive information; and operating and maintaining copiers, fax machines and other office equipment. This job description is intended to provide an overview of the position and does not include all the tasks that might be required to provide support for your area job requirements.
In addition to functioning as the MOC Specialist certain administrative duties are required. The position required that they poses the necessary expertise to compile specific work packages used to conduct the MOC, compile the attendee list based on discipline and schedules meeting and location, which are forwarded to all participants. The MOC Administrative Assistant inputs all documents from the MOC meeting as well as the questions that were used during that MOC.
The TAR/Project MOC Specialist/Assistant is accountable for Management of Change compliance in terms of TAR and Project change initiatives. This position provides technical process safety guidance and support, creating competitive advantage through distinctive performance, innovative strategies, and responsible plant MOC operations.
• Enter MOC’s into KMS.
• Ensure proper meeting attendees are invited and present at the MOC review meeting.
• Track and document all MOC’s associated with the TAR or projects.
• Verify that all applicable notifications and training are complete prior to unit handover.
• Verify all pre-startup MOC PSSR and Action items are complete.
• Ensures all post startup MOC Action Items are complete within 90 days after startup.
• Forwards or assigns action item in KMS to the appropriate person to forward pertinent training or notification information to the Training Coordinators, Mentors, Contractor Safety Specialist, and maintenance supervision for cascading to affected personnel.
• Forwards or assigns action item in KMS to the appropriate person to forward the change information that may affect Operating Procedures to the Asset PSM MoC Specialist.
• If there are significant design changes identified as a result of the review or if significant information is lacking from the P&ID’s, the TAR PSM MoC Specialist shall terminate the review meeting and reschedule after the proper design changes are completed and/or information is obtained.
• When feasible, multiple MOC’s associated with a single area may be reviewed at one meeting to make efficient use of people’s time.
• All required attendees are requested to either attend the MOC meeting or send a qualified substitute. For the situations where no one is available to attend at the requested time the requested attendee should notify the PSM MoC Specialist ASAP to provide adequate time to reschedule the meeting.
• Provides administrative support for MOC group
• Works closely with all departments to capture upcoming MOC requirements.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
55 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.