home >> petrochem / fossil / offshore >> job board >> post

[Geologist] Seeking Sr. Resource Development Geologist in Eureka, NV!

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

Geotemps, Inc. is seeking a Senior Resource Development Geologist. This position is located northwest of Eureka, NV at an open pit, gold mining operation. Main job duties would include designing ore models, creating geological maps, and working on mine life planning. The qualified candidate should have at least 7-10 years of experience working as a Mine Site Geologist, Project Geologist, Resource Geologist, Project Resource Geologist. This position could become a permanent position for the right candidate. Expenses may be covered, to be discussed with the client.

Duties will include:
• Design ore models and create geologic maps
• Develop grade control procedures
• Identify and model relationships between lithology, structures, and alteration between different ore zones
• Map pits and generate geologic maps that can be used with ore control assay data
• Use site determined mining software to evaluate and interpret blast hole data and drill hole assays
• Review and analyze actual mined production vs resource modeled production
• Review and monitor blast hole sampling methods and techniques
• Assist in ore control flag pinning and blast hole sample pick ups
• Maintain and update QA/QC and ensure quality standards and goals are being met
• Optimize ore grade control though efficient mine designs, ore plans, and best mining practices
• Measure and monitor slope stability for mining plans and development models
• Participate in mine life development planning
• Occasionally perform equipment inspections, calibrations, and sampling
• Manage, delegate, and train ore control geologists

The qualified candidate will:
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Geology
• Have 7-10 years of experience working as a Mine Site Geologist, Ore Control Geologist, Resource Geologist
• Master’s degree in Geology is a plus
• Previous use of mining software that includes 3D modeling - Leapfrog
• Able learn site-determined software
• Be familiar with Carlin-type deposits
• Use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Be able to lift and carry 50-75 pounds regularly
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and have effective oral and writing communication skills

Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.
Use of the Roadtechs.com website implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement and acknowledgment of our Privacy Policy.