[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is currently looking for a Construction Manager at the Marshal Steam Station, located in Terrell, NC. This is a local hire position and does not pay any relocation fees or Per-diem . In this position the CCP Construction Manager may serve as lead on-site member of BHIs Team responsible for planning, implementing, and executing all aspects of the assigned project. The CCP Construction Manager coordinates with stakeholders and all members of the project team to ensure alignment toward project objectives and to develop project plans. They monitor the project schedule, costs, resources, and work tasks to identify and correct deviations from planned activities. Accountable for the safe performance of the assigned team members. This is a hands-on position that requires the ability to operate various types of Heavy Construction Equipment as needed by the client.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Specific job responsibilities and duties should include but not be limited to:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates project activities to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding matrix.
- Oversees the allotment of available resources to various phases of project or operations.
- Establishes work and staffing plans for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan and assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, and other stakeholders.
- May coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other government agencies.
- Perform routine and back-up inspections of CCP owned facilities. Desirable for the candidate to write work orders on any identified deficiency and see work completed from beginning to end.
- Manage, oversee, and execute a broad and diverse range of operations and maintenance needs including but not limited to vegetation management, cleaning of leachate basins, maintenance and repair on leachate pumps/systems, cleaning of wheel-washes, etc.
- Ability to write work orders and see work completed from beginning to end.
- Provide back-up support on CCR handling and management activities.
- Act as an alternate Station Sponsor signature on the Vacuum Waste Disposal Log
- May be assigned additional responsibilities as needed by the client.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Certification or Degree preferred in a specified field of expertise
- Minimum of five (5) years Civil Experience to include experience in Project Management/Utility Support/Construction.
- 5 years or more of Heavy Equipment Operation (Excavator, Dozer, Dump Truck)
- 5 years or more experience of Landfill Management to include operations, inspections and recordkeeping. NC Landfill Certification Preferred
- NC Licensed Herbicide Applicator (Required by Spring of 2020) and ability to perform applications in accordance to all local, state and client requirements. Aquatic license is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of NC Erosion and Sediment Control Inspection preferred. NC E&SC inspector certification is desirable.