[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PIC Group's client is seeking a full time Project Manager located in Atlanta, GA!
Salary Plus Benefits! (There is no Relo for this position, should already be local to Atlanta, GA!
Local to Atlanta! (there is NO per Diem!!!)
Preferable industry experience - Start up and commissioning of power plants, pulp and paper, mid stream gas, bio-fuels, or gas to liquid.
*Must have - Experience reading P&IDs and Electrical One Line Diagrams to evaluate plant or process flow. Need ability to identify high, medium, and low voltage equipment to compare to a customer RFP and develop sub-contractor RFPs for high voltage equipment and anticipated relay work. Need ability to identify mechanical equipment such as steam turbines and HRSGs and develop sub-contractor RFPs for chemical cleaning and steam blows.
*Experience commissioning power generation or process equipment. Need ability to read construction schedules to identify construction turn over milestones and produce a commissioning schedule with duration and manpower requirements.
Manages and oversees all aspects of sold managed start-up and commissioning projects to ensure completion on-time and within budget. Has overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing, external staffing,
outside vendors, and contractual deliverables. Builds cost models and schedules to support proposal generation for managed services sales opportunities.
Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of projects.
• Interfaces with corporate Safety to develop the project Site Safety Plan.
• Interfaces with the commercial team to ensure projects are planned and resource loaded to meet the Company and customer commercial expectations.
• Interfaces with field Commissioning Managers to ensure projects are executed to our company's process and procedures.
• Interfaces with the accounting team to ensure project accounts payable and accounts receivable are tracked and managed to meet budget and contract requirements.
• Interfaces with the staffing team to support Commissioning Managers as needed to staff projects.
• Interfaces with the documentation team and technical writers to facilitate completion of commissioning documentation and training deliverables.
Review assigned staffing from a technical perspective to ensure resource loading to meet customer, Commissioning Manager, and budget expectations.
• Support the staffing team and Commissioning Managers with resource forecasting and job descriptions to staff projects.
• Review and develop the EH&S Plan for use at the project site as required.
• Develop a required field staffing plan.
• Develop and maintain a site commissioning schedule.
• Interface with the Staffing and Recruiting Department to develop and maintain a listing of key Start-Up Resources with job descriptions.
• Direct oversight of quality and compliance processes to ensure on-site Commissioning Managers are executing to processes and procedures.
• Ensure that weekly project reports are being completed and conform to a critical path methodology.
• Track all mobilizations and demobilizations of site personnel.
• Coordinate with the Employee Care Department to support the on-site Commissioning Managers to resolve on-site personnel issues.
• Interface with Corporate Safety and the Employee Care Departments to ensure that personnel are trained to work in a safe manner and meet site specific safety requirements.
• Support expanding PIC’s Standard Product and Process including completion and updating of Management Control Manual (MCM) procedures.
• Support turn over package database population and turn over package generation.
• Support sales proposal generation by reviewing RFPs and included engineering specifications and providing cost estimates and resource requirements. Includes review of engineering specifications, P&IDs and EOLs to generate RFPs for PIC subcontractors.
• Serve as the Technical Representative on sales calls as requested by the sales organization.
Preferred Bachelor's degree in Engineering (B. S.) from four-year college and three years of relevant experience; or five plus years related experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
2 plus years experience writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
2 plus years experience solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.