[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
We are currently seeking a Server Support Engineer for a long term contracting position located in Lafayette, IN (minimum 1 year, likely to extend or convert to perm).
We are looking for someone with server support and break/fix experience on the hardware/VMWare and OS level of server support. This position will be working Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The server engineer plans, implements, oversees and maintains the server and storage infrastructure and projects.
1. Acquire, configure and maintain development, test and production servers.
2. Support development, test and production servers including after-hours support and monitoring server usage and up-time.
3. Interface with vendors to obtain required equipment and software in a timely manner while ensuring proper audit and budget controls are met.
4. Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
5. Provide direction in complex problem solving situations and participate in direct interaction with internal staff as required.
6. Write and maintain documentation on server systems.
7. Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
8. Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
9. Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
10. Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
11. Interact with customers at the technical level, as required.
12. Participate in on-call rotation
13. Participate in global monitoring service rotation
1. While performing the duties of this job, the contractor is regularly required to talk or hear.
2. The contractor frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
3. The contractor must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is working Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekend work.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelorís degree in computer engineering (or related area) or equivalent experience.
2. Three to five years of experience in maintaining and supporting a Microsoft environment.
3. Strong record of completed projects across various computing platforms.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Experience in clustering, virtualization and current technologies.
2. Functional knowledge of currently used software.
Please send resumes directly to: