[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Johnson Service Group is actively searching for a contract - Senior Electrical Designer (chemical plant exp.) to work in Charleston, WV 25071
Contract duration: 12+ months
Pay rate: Open – DOE
Per Diem: Available for non-local candidates in the form of a rate-split
• 8+ years of experience and/or drafting/design related course work (required)
• Extensive experience in electrical & instrumentation design (required)
• Chemical plant experience (preferred)
• AutoCAD or MicroStation training/experience (required)
• BS degree reduces experience required by a year or so.
• This role typically serves as Checker or CAD Specialist.
• Strong computer skills in Excel and Data Entry is required
• Able to perform site walks wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in an operating facility in a hot climate
• Develop through completion engineering drawings of complex areas of the project - with little or no supervision.
• Work in accordance with established design practices, standards and procedures.
• Prepare complete engineering drawings for a complex area of the project in conformance with the requirements of applicable codes and design criteria established by the project discipline engineers.
• Prepare complete information for design details, scope of work, cable schedule, bill of materials, etc. (that can be completed by lower classified personnel.)
• Check drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other discipline groups that affect the specific area or areas assigned.
• Provide technical guidance and assistance to lower classified design and drafting personnel.
• Familiar with Drafting and Checking Procedures and applicable client and project drafting standards.
• After verifying that all layout information is correct and current, prepares drawings from engineering design sketches. Work may include manual and CAD drafting, checking and scrubbing.
• Prepare sketches for study and development purpose as required by projects.
• Coordinates with counterparts in other disciplines as needed.
• Verify that information is current on design sketches, vendor data and general arrangements.
• Help maintain site filing system by keeping vendor data, flat files, stick files and drawing/checking files in order.
Johnson Service Group is an EEO / An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer