[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
if interested email updated resume – firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration- 12 months
Position Type: contract
Location: LA PORTE, TX, United States
Job Description: Department Information
50MW natural gas demonstration plant in LaPorte, Texas. company is responsible for overall project development and systems engineering; Toshiba is developing a new combustor and turbine for the NET Power system. Combustor testing was finished in August 2018. company is providing engineering, procurement, and construction services; and *** is providing development, permitting, siting, and commissioning services and support. Following successful demonstration at the 50MW level, the system will be scaled up and the first 300MW commercial natural gas plant will be built.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position provides first-level supervision of the Operations Technicians. The Shift Manager proactively ensures environmental compliance with federal, state and local agencies and is responsible for the full development and coaching of team members. Also responsible for station assets and maintaining them to the standards of *** Power.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Responsible during an assigned shift for supervising the Production Technicians in the overall operation, maintenance and technical troubleshooting of power plant equipment in a safe, continuous, efficient, and economical manner.
• Oversees the replacement or repair of mechanical and/or electrical equipment and the installation, calibration, maintenance and repair of instrumentation.
• Responsible for the implementation of the conduct of operations to meet the standards listed in the Operator Fundamentals.
• Adheres to and applies company policies in all dealings with employees.
• Responsible for the management of O&M cost.
• Support Station/Division strategic Goals and Objectives.
• Administer Lock Out/Tag Out and Work Management Process using REDTag Pro and CMMS.
• Performs other duties and handles special projects as assigned.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
o BS in engineering or technical field and 6+ years professional experience
o Associates Degree and 8+ years professional experience with 3+ years exempt-level experience
o H.S. Diploma and 10+ years professional experience with 5+ years exempt-level experience
• Must be 1st class qualified in specified area or obtain operations certification
• Experience in maintenance and work management
• Technical knowledge related to power generation equipment auxiliaries
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts
• Demonstrated ability to provide direction to groups and staff personnel
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate in group decision-making and team building
• Knowledge of fossil plant operations
• Must be available to work rotating shift work
• Demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately consider alternatives and willingly make decisions
• Knowledge of REDTag Pro
• Knowledge of Wrike Project Management software is a plus.