[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NES Global Talent is currently working with a leading global equipment manufacturer within the Power Generation industry to recruit a Professional Buyer on a Contract basis.
• Understand, establish and issue Request for Proposal (RFP) for Balance of Plant (BOP) procurements;
• Establish, evaluate, and select suppliers to develop a qualified supplier base;
• Base technical knowledge of gas turbine and steam turbine auxiliary commodities.
• Support major procurement activities including procurement of capital equipment and new projects;
• Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories;
• Review and evaluate monthly global sourcing data to make decisions that support company direction and growth;
• Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority;
• Manage contracts to verify vendor compliance to contract requirements;
• Maintain informational exchanges and communications with all groups and organizations contributing to the fulfillment of material demands
• The ability to effectively handle orders with scope and/or contractual requirements of advanced complexity and advanced commercial and/or financial risk.
• Performance review of suppliers for quality, delivery and reliability;
• Must have handled minimum of 50 Million a Year in Contracts.
• Must be able to review and negotiate Terms and Conditions to effectively achieve Company and project targets.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in science or engineering from four year college or university; or at least five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have buying purchasing exp. in the gas, fuel, oil, energy gas turbine, steam turbine industries to be considered.
• Computer Skills: Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and basic database