home >> petrochem / fossil / offshore >> job board >> post

[I&C Technician] I&C Technician Role- North Carolina- 6 months

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

JOB DESCRIPTION
Scope & Responsibilities:

The Instrumentation & Controls Technician (I&C Technician) will support district heating & chilled water cogeneration power plant operations.

Duties will include maintenance and repair of all electrical systems, instrumentation and controls and equipment. The I&C Technician will perform skilled work requiring a high degree of precision and understanding of technical data and systems. The I&C Technician often works alone and must be aware of circumstances that can contribute to the injury of personnel and damage to equipment.
Work under minimal supervision to repair service and maintain mechanical equipment at cogeneration plant and remote customer sites
Repair and maintain controls on diesel engine generators, steam and hot water boilers, electric and absorption chillers, compressors, pumps
Repair and maintain switchgear components, motor control centers and all related wiring. Troubleshoot electronic variable speed pumps drive systems and prime power machinery control and alarm systems. Calibrate various pressure and temperature transmitters. Maintains stack CEMS equipment. Repair, installation, and general plant wiring
Instruct others assigned to assist in this work; supervise the repair tasks to insure they are being performed in a safe manner
Apply knowledge of electrical engineering and electronic theory, use of Amprobes, test meters, low and high voltage meter, oscilloscope and other electronic test equipment
Required to work both scheduled and unscheduled overtime to support plant activities
During outages and emergency events, will be assigned responsibilities outside of normal work duties and at hours outside of normal work day.
Note: The job can be physically demanding involving movement of heavy equipment and carrying materials up and down stairs. Candidates should be able to lift and maneuver a 50-lb load.

JOB REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED equivalent
5 years’ progressive experience in industrial electrical or I&C maintenance work performing calibration, repair, and maintenance of utility, industrial and commercial instrumentation and controls with a thorough understanding of the principles of control theory in central plant, power generation or other process plants
Completion of additional course work in combustion turbine theory, operation and maintenance, high and low voltage electrical systems, and refrigeration systems
Knowledge of boilers, reciprocating engines, refrigeration systems, HVAC equipment
Ability to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test
Ability to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and portable radio communication
Ability to lift heavy equipment and carry materials up and down stairs with the capacity of lifting 50 pounds
Must hold a valid driver license with a satisfactory driving record to maintain minimum company required insurance coverage
Work rotating shifts and overtime when require

Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
Technical or trade school degree in electronics or equivalent industry training and experience

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.
Use of the Roadtechs.com website implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement and acknowledgment of our Privacy Policy.