[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PIC Group is currently looking for an O&M Technician for a full time/Permanent position for a peaking facility located in Lovington, NM!
Power Plant and/or Large Engine Mechanic experience preferred, but not required.
*****Must reside locally!
Operate all systems both inside and outside the control room.
• Perform start-up, operation, and shutdown of plant systems in accordance with approved plant procedures.
• Complete all daily rounds in a timely manner unless outstanding circumstances exist.
• Conduct proper turnover with relief operator, include special orders and plant operating conditions, review the logs and make visual inspection of plant equipment and controls.
• Routinely check equipment operating parameters to detect faulty equipment operation, reporting abnormal conditions or conditions that require repair. Take proper corrective steps, which may include completing corrective maintenance.
• Complete operator qualification program which includes demonstration through written and oral exams of a clear understanding of all operating systems including; Engines and Engine Auxiliaries, Electric Generators, Exhaust Treatment System, Fire System, Cooling Water System, Plant Air Systems, Electrical Systems.
• Assist or perform as directed, emergency or abnormal operations necessary for maintaining in service or returning to service, the engines, fuel system, emissions control system, and auxiliary plant equipment.
• Monitor performance of equipment and systems and make adjustments to maintain the plant at its optimum efficiency and generating capacity.
• Perform preventive, minor, and major maintenance as directed on all plant equipment.
• Perform equipment isolation in accordance with plant lockout/tag out procedures.
• Update plant CMMS system accordingly to reflect work completed and parts used in completing a task.
• Maintain plant and grounds in clean and orderly condition.
• Oversee off-loading of bulk urea solution, diesel fuel, and lube oil deliveries.
• Observe, correct if possible, and report situations that are likely to develop into problems or safety hazards.
• Respond to and report all oil and chemical spills and natural gas leaks, as required.
• Test and operate plant fire and chemical safety equipment as directed.
• Attend and participate in scheduled safety meetings and training.
• Safely operate vehicles on-site as required. This includes the aerial lift, fork truck and pickup.
• Assist in training other personnel as needed.
• Work a rotating 8 hour shift schedule, with day and night shifts alternating weekly.
• Maintain on-call availability for the 4 hours prior to day shift and 4 hours following night shift.
• Maintain on-call availability on weekends on a rotating basis, as required.
• Cover vacations as required to support operational coverage.
• Work non-scheduled days as required in support of periodic or emergency maintenance outages.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.