home >> petrochem / fossil / offshore >> job board >> post

[Electrical Designer] Senior I&E Designer

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

Contract expected to last through end of NOV 2020

The Designs Drafting Team has an opening for a Senior I&E Designer contract position. Senior Designers work in support of the Designs Engineering group in preparation of I&E scope for projects and shutdown/turnaround work as well as the delivery of construction packages developed from the scope of work.
The primary support work in this position will be to review scopes of work provided by engineering, develop a design, and provide this design to engineering by the required deadlines. Typical design packages will include but not limited to Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams, Electrical One Line Diagrams, SmartPlant Wiring and Loops, CADWorx I&E Models, I&E Installation Details, Junction Box Wiring, Marshalling Panel Wiring, and AutoCAD Instrument Loops.
Key Responsibilities
• Works incident and injury free and promotes personal, business, and field safety amongst team members.
• Provides I&E design support for shutdown/turnaround projects, routine maintenance and capital installations.
• Define I&E details of scopes provided by Engineering.
• Develop initial layouts, revising existing computer aided design files, including P&ID’s, wiring diagrams, cause & effects, single-lines and electrical area classification drawings.
• Create and manipulate drawings to Engineering Standards and Engineering requirements.
• Capable of generating SmartPlant Instrumentation wiring and loops for design packages. Also, provide troubleshooting support any SmartPlant Instrumentation database issues.
• Provides completed design packages that meet Safety in Designs requirements and Technical Standards. Completed designs will be easily maintained and operated.
• Supports the adherence to Process Safety Management (PSM) regulations.
• Provides quality solutions for I&E designs that follow Technical Standards and I&E Engineering specifications.
• Collects as-built information from refinery process units in field to support drawing updates and/or design packages.
• Forecasts project completion dates and job updates and shares with team leader, customers and Designs Engineering team leaders.
• Provide technical assistance to multi-discipline project team(s); Coordinate design with other disciplines to ensure a cohesive design package.
• Support junior Designers in clarifying engineering details of a design package.
• Provide/propose specifications for basic I&E equipment within the guidelines of team leader and engineering direction (transmitters, flowmeters, pressure and level measuring devices, control valves, motors, variable speed drives).
• Provide technical guidance and review for Instrument/Electrical scope of work and bill of material for completeness and accuracy.
• Troubleshooting expertise of implemented design during commissioning of projects or jobs in a shutdown/turnaround.
• As needed, supplement site I&E Engineers by driving some basic scope projects (equipment replacements) from origination to closure, under the guidance of I&E Engineer’s team.
• Demonstrates good character traits, willingness to learn, and rapport with team members.

• Minimum 7-10 years in-plant engineering design experience within an oil & gas refinery and/or specialty oil/chemical plant(s).
• Associate Degree in Drafting/Design/Engineering Technology.
• Vocational or Trade School Education.
• Demonstrate thorough technical knowledge and design practices of electrical and instrumentation design.
• Must be able to understand and verify applicable electrical and instrumentation design criteria and is familiar with the construction industry standards, including the National Electric Code (NEC).
• SPI (SmartPlant Instrumentation), AutoCAD (latest version), and CADWorx experience to create complex detail drawings.
• Must be proficient in operating a PC based computer and general office software including Microsoft Office.
• Good communication skills (Active Listening, Verbal and Written).

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.
Use of the Roadtechs.com website implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement and acknowledgment of our Privacy Policy.