[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PIC Group's client is seeking a (6 month) contract) temp to hire an EHS Specialist (Focus on Environmental) located near Fairfield, California for a natural gas-fired power station. Second location (Peaker Plants) is 30 to 40 miles from Fairfield, CA.
*Ability to travel 30+% of the time.
*Should be local to California.
*Should have a Power Plant background in Safety or other Industrial Plant experience!
(No Per Diem or Mobilization ) Local only!
*Per Diem and Mobilization is offered when traveling to other sites outside of the state.
Starts September 1st, 2020!
• Ideal candidate should be local to the Fairfield, CA plant (no per-diem).
• Experience managing an EHS program
• EHS experience in a power plant or other industrial facility
• Ability to work with minimal direction or supervision
• Experience with CEMS DAHS
• Experience working with regulatory agencies
EHS Specialist Job Summary:
The position is responsible for routine Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) compliance management of two electric power generation facilities. Responsible for complex, technical work in a wide range of EHS disciplines to maintain compliance with the organization’s EHS standards, federal and state regulatory requirements, and consensus industry standards. Reviews and interprets EHS rules and regulations and advises management accordingly. Has fundamental understanding of EHS principles, concepts, practices, standards and regulations. Coordinates compliance assurance activities with multi-media environmental programs, including air emissions, wastewater discharge, waste management, and all associated monitoring, reporting, and other permit requirements. Serves as the liaison between local regulatory agencies and plant staff. Has familiarity and experience using computer software applications such as, CEMS DAHS, CERS, ECMPS, etc. that are related to EHS reporting for power plant operations. Reviews plant EHS procedures and makes recommendations for updates according to laws and regulations and best practices. Investigates EHS incidents, accidents, injuries, and near miss events. Recommends improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment to minimize the hazardous potential. Supports employee training related to EHS compliance and emergency preparedness. Prepares and maintains all necessary EHS compliance documents and records.
• Provide oversight of major programs which can include PSM/RMP, EPCRA, Accident and Injury, Waste Management, Air Compliance, and Wastewater Compliance.
• Partner with operations to build employee engagement through establishment of goals, planning, and personal engagement.
• Drive EHS risk recognition and mitigation by assessing and communicating physical, operational, and regulatory risks related to EHS matters.
• Support continuous learning through identification of EHS best practices and timely and relevant communications.
• Serve as a catalyst for continuous improvement through EHS assessments, event and trend analyses.
• Track EHS compliance status, and ensure timely and accurate completion of task requirements.
• Review collection and record keeping practices related to EHS matters.
• Compile and submit internal and external reports as specified by EHS requirements.
• Strong Environmental background, education and/or experience working in Operating Power Plants.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in Engineering or Science. Experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
• Requires minimum of 3 years’ experience in EHS, preferably in the power generation industry.
• Experience with Power Plants in Operation specifically with permit management, regulatory agency interactions, waste management, air compliance, wastewater compliance, regulatory reporting and interpreting rules and regulations.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to EHS.
• Ability to travel 30+% of the time.
• Detail oriented as position requires a good amount of weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting on Environmental issues which are largely data driven.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.