[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Takes personal responsibility to incorporate safe behavior into all activities and consistently complies with all established safety and health policies and procedures, helps to identify, and eliminate or actively manage risks in all work activities.
2. Operate generation units (Gas Turbine Generator) and associated auxiliary equipment in accordance with local permits and procedures as directed by a dispatch coordinator.
3. Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on electrical switchgear, process controls, transmitters, gauges and other instrumentation and control equipment in accordance with plant and vendor procedures. Receive, unload and correctly store parts and supplies in the plant.
4. Maintain, calibrate, troubleshot and repair plant IC&E devices
5. Perform routine trouble shooting activities.
6. Assist in developing PM procedures
7. Implement plant improvements and modifications as assigned.
8. Work within and ensure strict adherence to all safety and environmental procedures.
9. Work overtime and call outs on an as-needed basis.
10. Provide documentation of work performed, supplies used, and other items that will be required to plan and control maintenance activities. Prepare records and reports as required.
11. Perform housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean safe work environment and professional appearance.
12. Perform other tasks as directed by the Plant Management.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
1. High school graduate or equivalent, and trade school, related military service training programs, or technical training school programs. Additional professional training preferred.
2. Minimum of five years of control electronics experience in power generation facilities or process plants. Additional experience with machinery repair and control systems preferred.
3. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
4. Must have knowledge of Digital Computer Control Systems modifications, PLC programming, Visual Basic logic development and editing, plant integrated data acquisition and storage programming and monitoring, and ability to use and modify computer programs. Must have a thorough knowledge of electrical circuits and machines and capable of working on low and high voltage switchgear. Must have a thorough knowledge of instrumentation and controls for gas turbine. Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose problems in systems, read and interpret blueprints, P&IDís, equipment specifications, and vendor service manuals. Ability to understand, develop and/or complete records and reports as required.
5. Ability to speak effectively and communicate with plant personnel, vendors, contractors, and technical support personnel.
6. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
7. Must know the hazards involved and the safety precautions to be practiced in the maintenance of power plant equipment and machinery. Work within and insure strict adherence to all safety procedures.
8. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
9. Ability to produce written procedures for inclusion into the DGC-Ops procedure system.
10. Must be able to respond to audio alarms and variations of sound.
11. Must have a valid driverís license.