[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
CONSTRUCTION QUALITY CONTROL- MANAGER
Duration: 6 months
Location: Work remote
Travel to Sites as required
Review site plans and specification packages, develop construction execution and work plans, and develop and evaluate appropriate task hazard analyses related to planned activities. The CQC manager will monitor ongoing work activities with respect to compliance to contract documents and recommend modifications to work flow as required. Individual will apply selected management software systems to track task execution, project schedule and budget. CQC Manager will submit routine/periodic reports and prepare project completion reports. The CQC Manager will create clear, concise and organized documentation of field events and observations.
The position will report to (remotely is fine) the EPA RES Contract Program Manager, but will require travel to project locations potentially nationwide.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
1. Be on-site during all construction activities 2. Manage all quality control items related to the project 3. Prepare daily quality control reports 4. Manage any testing requirements 5. Manage the engineering submittal and Request for Information process 6. Manage the preparatory inspection process 7. Liaise with USACE and other Government Inspectors 8. Work with Client Management and subcontractor management personnel.
9. Advise team members of specification requirements and recommend actions.
1. Ideal candidate will be a graduate Civil Engineer with at least 10 years of construction experience.
2. Familiarity with government specifications and quality control/quality assurance procedures.
3. Knowledge and familiarity with construction building codes and standards as it relates to civil, structural, mechanical and electrical trades. Will have reach back capability to technical expertise in Client's offices in the US.
4. Experience on heavy civil construction projects including earthwork, concrete paving, asphalt paving.
5. Corps of Engineers quality control training is preferred.
6. Previous construction quality control experience 7. Proficiency with Web based interactive programs and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project) is required.