[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is currently seeking Equipment Operators at the Belews Creek Fossil station. These positions are long term, local hire positions located in Belews Creek, NC. In this position as an equipment operator must have the appropriate licenses and at least 4-6 years' experience operating heavy equipment. You must have the ability to demonstrate the ability operate three or more of the Heavy Equipment (Road Sweeper, Telehandler, Off Road Water, Roller, Vibrating) in the Group. Successfully complete skills performance evaluation by BHI and Client Management. Must be able to complete single task jobs requiring one or more crews and at client's site in accordance with client and business requirements and BHI Energy policies, practices and procedures.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Specific job responsibilities and duties should include but not be limited to:
- Drives/Operates Vacuum truck in accordance with company/client policies.
- Loads, transports, and unload materials, tools, equipment, and supplies to support project activities.
- Inspects equipment for malfunctions or defective parts, documents results and notifies Supervisor of deficiencies prior to operation of vacuum truck.
- Places defective equipment in an "out of service" status to prevent personnel injury or further equipment damage.
- Understands verbal and hand signal directions given by signalman or spotters.
- Utilize appropriate PPE and Reflective Clothing as required by site specific requirements.
- Performs basic mechanical adjustments or services as needed and authorized by client.
- Training Requirements:
- Employee must have and be able to maintain a current driver's license.
- Certify qualifications per plant specific procedure in a manner similar to the following:
- Attend a refresher training, pass a written or practical operation exam.
- Provide documentation of successful completion of classroom training written exam or practical operation exam.
- Maintain Annual site requalification.
- Maintain qualification to perform routine inspections in accordance with plant procedures.
- Be able to climb and work from ladders off vacuum truck.
- Lift a minimum of 75 pounds overhead.
- Follow safe work practices.
- Complete administrative document, data sheets, and forms in accordance with approved procedures.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- 4-6 years' experience operating equipment (i.e. off-road dump trucks, telehandler, road sweeper, off road water truck, and roller/vibratory roller).
- Must be able to pass security background
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must have a current driver's license