[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
This position is accountable/responsible for the following:
▪ Overall responsibility for the organization and safe execution of the outages for the major operating facilities on site and report metrics of: EHS, scope, cost, and schedule
▪ Lead outage planning and scheduling teams to develop and archive effective outage work plans and schedules, including consideration for uncertainties and associated mitigation.
▪ Ensure complete and timely integration of any Capital, Controls, Engineering or Operations projects scope within the Turnaround plan.
▪ Lead the implantation of the Turnaround Management Work Process for the site
▪ Lead contract development for expense and capital work and oversee the contracted workforce for outage.
▪ Assess Outage Management work process gaps at site and ensure continuous improvement of basic required elements.
▪ Assures roles and responsibilities regarding the Turnaround are clearly understood by all those involved.
▪ Drive engagement and ensure alignment of the team with Turnaround objectives.
▪ Drives material management and QA/QC process throughout the Turnaround process.
▪ Drive the optimization of the Turnaround schedule and resource loading.
▪ Recommends and manages appropriate Turnaround organization to deliver scope, schedule, and cost requirements.
▪ Ensures all pre-Turnaround work is completed and materials are received prior to outage.
▪ Manage the scope change process.
▪ Communicates to the Turnaround Steering Team in a timely manner on Turnaround status, Issues, and concerns; provides solutions for open issues.
▪ Provides accurate and timely reporting on cost and schedule performance during the Turnarounds.
Prioritized Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities
With minimal supervision and significant decision-making:
70% Lead/Oversee the coordination of site Turnaround activities.
20% Participate in corporate and industry forums to gather and implement Project Engineering Management Best Practices.
10% Manage the development of departmental resourses
Other general responsibilities:
Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Assists other employees in accomplishment of Huntsman company goals.
Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
Education / Experience
Minimum 15 yrs of Turnaround Management, Planning and Scheduling Leadership, and/or Project Management experience
▪ BS in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil or Electrical Engineering
▪ Equivalent Experience
Skills and Knowledge
Must have a level of proficiency with Primavera, SAP, Internet, Email (Lotus Notes), and Microsoft Office programs
Moderate technical writing skills is essential.
Ability to multitask concurrent technical efforts and set priorities with a minimum of guidance required.
Ability to work with all levels of Supervision, technical and wage roll employees within the organization.
Ability to make presentations to company management in a manner in which work activities can be understood is necessary.
Communicates tactfully and effectively both verbally and in writing and maintains effective work relations with those encountered during employment.
Flexibility and adaptability to new instructions and/or dynamic organizational priorities is critical for job success.
A moderate aptitude for language skills is necessary for job success.
A basic aptitude for mathematical skills is acceptable for job success.
An exceptional aptitude for mechanical skills is acceptable for job success.
A high level of innovative or creative thinking and application is necessary for job success.