[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
• Assume personal responsibility for safety performance and demonstrate a genuine concern for the safety of co-workers.
• Must maintain acceptable housekeeping standards.
• Comply with all safety/health related policies and procedures, participate in company sponsored safety programs and activities, and report to management those conditions or actions by employees or others that might create a hazard to themselves or others in the plant.
• Setting up extruders to run a product that is in accordance with standard operating conditions with minimal downtime and loss of product.
o This includes the setting of feed totes and product totes. Must be able to learn to use tote tumbling and screw/element oven equipment.
• Maintaining proper records, which includes run logs/sheet, feed blends on line, amount of product in totes, packaging reports, work orders, log books and keeping the on-coming operator informed as to important issues.
• Completing a product turn-around, which includes cleaning the extruder barrel and screws, the feeder, the chopper, the classifier, the reclaimer system, bagging system, product totes to prevent product contamination. Requires familiarity in the operation and uses of various hand tools.
• Must successfully complete and maintain a license for operation of a fork-lift.
• Requires ability to meet the quality expectations for manufacturing.
o This includes: Understanding and applying appropriate control techniques, e.g., control charts; as required, accurately sampling the material made so that the laboratory can accurately analyze the physical properties of the product and working with the supervisor to make the necessary corrections to the product to meet specifications.
• Review and understanding of the policies and procedures contained in standard operating procedures, hazardous communication and waste disposal procedures.
• Troubleshooting processing problems with the product.
o This includes, but is not limited to surging, black specks, improper pellet size, pellets with tails and contaminated product.
• Troubleshooting equipment failure and repairing.
o This includes but is not limited to, placing thermocouples, vacuum leaks, vacuum conveying problems.
• Minimum 0-5 years of experience as a production operator
• Effective communication skills required
• Ability to deal with hazardous situations and materials
• Basic mechanical and a sound mathematics aptitude which includes the ability to calculate percent's, ratios, unit conversions, averages, as well as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Environmental, and physical requirements of this position include:
o working (Night Shift) 12 hour shifts and overtime - 4:45 pm - 5:10 am
o working in confined spaces around 300 - 700-degree Fahrenheit extrusion equipment
o Frequent climbing on/off fork-lift.
o working at elevated heights, regular climbing of stairs and ladders, regular crouching
o ability to wear a partial respirator to protect against dust and fumes
o other required protective equipment includes: hard hats, safety shoes, hearing protection, and safety glasses.
o ability to lift 55-pound bags (floor to chest)
o frequent walking, standing and reaching in front of body
o functional sensory skills, i.e., hearing, sight, speech, smell and feel, full use of both hands, handling, good finger dexterity