[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
**Begins 6/21/21** 3 month contract
Lee County Generating Station
per diem and mob/demob included
The O&M Technician assures that the plant meets its generating requirements while operating in safe and efficient manner. Assist with maintenance tasks as assigned. Inspect and service gas turbine generator, mechanical and electrical auxiliaries and other plant equipment. Responsible for monitoring the status of all plant systems on a continuous basis. Executes plant shut-down and start-up procedures as required.
• Receive and respond to electrical and fuel dispatcher’s orders and requests.
• Performs all station shift operation and maintenance, including start-up and shut-down of main plant components and auxiliaries.
• Operate control panels to regulate the load on the turbines and to maintain proper fuel supply and efficient combustion conditions.
• Conducts routine tours of the plant to inspect equipment, provides feedback to the O&M Manager, and to other employees as directed.
• Comply with all site safety and environmental requirements and procedures. Identify safety and environmental hazards and takes corrective actions as necessary.
• Maintains accuracy of shift operating logs, records, time sheets, work orders and other administrative documents related to the power plant.
• Performs all plant switching and tagging of equipment in accordance with approved procedures and prudent operations and maintenance practices.
• Performs electrical and mechanical inspections, trouble-shooting, and maintenance tasks under direction of management as required and takes ownership of assigned equipment.
• Reads and records gauges and meters. Performs routine operational tests and adjustments on all power plant systems and components as required.
• Assist with the development and revision of operations and maintenance related procedures.
• Performs and maintains housekeeping standards and duties.
• Performs routine preventive and predictive maintenance on all systems and equipment; support corrective maintenance efforts on selected equipment.
• Performs other duties necessary to fulfill plant requirements.
• Assist other team members and work with all departments to support Facility in achieving their goals.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
This position operates from established and well-known procedures, performing duties under general direction and minimum supervision. Decisions are made within prescribed operating procedures and guidelines. The position encounters recurring work situations of high complexity, with occasional variations from the norm.
The O&M Technician has the authority to control the operation of the plant and must do so in a safe manner resulting in no accidents and be in compliance with all environmental permits at all times. This position must effectively communicate information to supervision and fellow plant personnel, relative to the condition of the plant equipment and performance and provide suggestions for plant improvement.
All employees have the responsibility to both the customer and their co-workers to do the job right the first time and to ensure the customers' needs are being met.
The O&M Technician reports to the O&M Manager and Plant Manager.
Safety is a core value of NAES and as a condition of employment, all employees are expected to be mentally alert and work safely at all times. Additionally, employees are required to adhere to all safety warnings and posted safety signs whenever on company property. Furthermore, employees must follow all NAES safety rules and procedures. Effectiveness in carrying out this responsibility is part of the evaluation of each and every employee’s performance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical requirements include; working on feet for extensive periods, requiring stair and ladder climbing; and routinely lifting 50 pounds. Protective equipment such as hard hats, safety glasses, ear protection and others must be worn in the performance of some duties. Work with hazardous materials may be required.
This position requires extended working hours and varied shifts including weekend and holiday work as required by schedules, work load and plant conditions. “On Call” status may periodically be required.
All personnel will participate in the Fitness for Duty Program. This program includes a post-offer physical examination and drug screening and post-employment random drug screening. There are extensive smoking restrictions in and around the facility.
• Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment as would be acquired in four years of high school is required.
• Two years’ experience as a Power Plant Technician, Assistant Plant Operator or equivalent position in an operating or generating plant is required.
• An Associate Degree in a technical field is desirable.
• Experience in, water condition analysis, water treatment facility operations and chemical-handling requirements is required.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of combustion/steam turbine closed system generation, industrial safety, hazardous waste management and inspection/recording of plant parameters is highly desirable.
• Experience with piping and instrument schematics and process controls desirable.
• Extensive working knowledge of the power plant industry is desirable.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must have excellent organizational skills.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must meet all requirements of the O&M Technician Position Description.