[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Location is based in Downtown Charlotte NC.
Start date is as soon as possible.
Duration is through December 2021 with probable extensions.
This position is for the role of Civil / Structural Engineer for Regulated Renewables Regional Services. This role will support resolution of technical issues and perform engineering design for both hydro and solar generation facilities. The selected individual will work closely with Project Managers, Field Implementation Leads, contract construction partners, and contract engineering partners. The role will require the individual to serve as Owner's engineer representing the client from a technical perspective in review of engineering submittals from both a broad perspective and a detailed perspective to incorporate engineering and construction best practices and lessons learned. The Owner's engineer will work closely with the project team and will own the Design Change Process for the projects that they are assigned with the role of coordinating other engineering disciplines providing support to those projects, leading the design review requirements of the Design Change Process, leading the development of the project inspection and testing requirements, and incorporating the design change into the permanent record system.
Specific responsibilities will include development of engineering scopes of service including technical requirements and design basis for engineering service providers to perform design services, identifying and driving to resolution design interface issues between engineering service provider design submittals and the effects those designs have on interface points of existing equipment or structures, review of technical submittals for thoroughness and acceptability of results to meet the intended function and design basis, review and development of lifting and rigging plans, and technical / engineering research to support design options for project development. Location will be based in the Charlotte area but will support stations throughout the Carolinas.
Field support including walkdowns with project personnel, engineering service providers, and construction service providers will be required to assess design submittals, constructability, project construction readiness, implementation technical issues, technical RFIs, or Change Requests.
Potential project assignments:
• Fishing Creek Hydro trash management system
• Blewett Hydro intake concrete rehabilitation
• Cowans Ford Hydro bulkhead ramp
• Independently prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
• Conducts engineering and related studies.
• Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
• Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
• Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
• Maintains accurate records and files.
• Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
• Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems of increasing scope and complexity,
• Contributes to team decision-making in the accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities,
• Deals with changing priorities and differing situations and makes decision that may affect the work of the team,
• Completes routine engineering projects with minimal oversight with increasing ability to independently manage project schedules and interfaces; increasingly competent to design, operate and maintain systems with moderate impact on existing systems,
• Possesses and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures; proficient in technical and analytical competencies.
• Basic/Required Qualifications
• Graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Civil or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program or state registration as a Professional Engineer. A Master's degree in engineering will be considered in lieu of the B. S. engineering degree.
• Minimum of 15 years of engineering experience or 10 years of engineering experience with state registration as a Professional Engineer.
• Desired Qualifications
• Registered Professional Engineer.
• Demonstrated progression of application of engineering theories and principles
• Increasingly proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, preparing and presenting recommendations,
• Proficient in principles of project management.
• Experience in the utility industry.
• Experience working with equipment commonly found in hydroelectric stations.
• Demonstrated willingness and ability to accept and master new areas of responsibility
• Strong plant experience understanding and resolving design issues, avoiding design issues from incorporation of lessons learned, implementing design packages, and scope development experience.
Proven teamwork skills and ability to work through conflict situations.