home >> petrochem / fossil / offshore >> job board >> post

Operations and Maintenance Technician * Contract * 3 months * Ohio * JMPIC

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

Title:          Operations & Maintenance Technician
Position Type:  Contract
Reports to:     Operations Manager

SUMMARY
There are five levels of O&M Technician (I, II, III, IV and V). O&M Technician I job function is focused primarily on operations training. Each level will need to meet certain criteria within specified time limits and satisfactory performance reviews before advancement. The O&M Technician I level is considered entry level. Dependent on the experience level of the O&M Technician I the Operations Manager will determine the specified time that the O&M Technician I is required to successfully achieve O&M Technician II level. Failure to satisfactorily achieve O&M Technician II level within the specified time could lead to disciplinary action up to and including termination.

The Primary functions of this role are:
* Assists in the inspection, repair, and operation of the facility.
* Assists and performs unloading and off-loading, and storage of supplies and bulk chemicals, including the operations of heavy equipment such as man lift and fork truck, as necessary.
* Reads and records gauges and meters as assigned.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Completes qualification program for O&M Technician II position.
* Keeps always assigned work area clean.
* Assists in monitoring and evaluating the facility's safety, health, and environmental programs.
* Performs duties in a safe manner and may be required to be an active member of the safety committee.

RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary role of the O&M Technician I is to learn, understand and perform the duties of this position towards the objectives of safe, efficient, and profitable operation of the facility. 
* Responsible for reviewing and understand all Plant Safety Procedures
* Responsible for understanding all plant P&ID drawings.
* Responsible for reviewing and understanding Plant Operating Manuals.
* Responsible for reviewing and understanding all Plant Operating Procedures
* Responsible for reviewing and understanding all Plant Chemistry Procedures
* Responsible for understanding the use of all operations related logbooks, reviewing logs, and making accurate, timely and thorough logbook entries.

WORKING RELATIONSHIPS

The O&M Technician I reports to Operations Manager; but receives day to day direction from the Control Room Operator. The O&M Technician I works in cooperation with the CRO on matters pertaining to the daily operation of the plant. The O&M Technician I responds to direction from the Senior Lead Control Room in the absence of the Control Room Operator or Operations Manager. In addition, the O&M Technician I may be required to respond to direction from the Senior Maintenance Technician or Maintenance Manager regarding maintenance related items.

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
* Physical requirements include routinely working on feet for up to 12-hour periods, requiring stair and ladder climbing; and routinely lifting 75 pounds. Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (e.g., hard hats, safety glasses, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves, and high voltage protective equipment, etc.).  Work with hazardous materials may be required.
* Position requires extended working hours and varied shifts with the possibility of weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules, workload, and plant conditions. "On call" status will periodically be required.
* All employees will participate in the Fitness for Duty Program.  This program includes a post-offer physical examination and drug screening and post-employment random drug screening.  There are extensive smoking restrictions in and around the facility.

JOB QUALIFICATIONS
* High school diploma with college experience preferred.
* No less than two years' experience in a related industry.
* College credit preference with emphasis in a technical or science discipline such as l&E, Mechanical Technology or Chemistry Lab is desirable. As an option to this education, industry, or military technical training and/or experience such as pump/valve repair, l&E Trade School, pipe-fitter Trade School, boilermaker Trade School, gas turbine trade/technical work or experience.

The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all inclusive; additional duties may be assigned, and requirements may vary from time to time.

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.
Use of the Roadtechs.com website implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement and acknowledgment of our Privacy Policy.