[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is seeking a safety Consultant to plan and conduct multiple, medium-to-large, critical projects and programs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local safety and health statutes and regulations.
Candidates should be prepared to work onsite 5 days per week, however, will be some flexibility to work from home 1 day per week.
Required to lead important safety and health related investigations requiring the application of improvement technology concepts and new approaches in the field. Responsible to recognize, monitor and make recommendations to ensure workplace safety hazards are corrected through audits, ergonomic assessments and interventions ensuring compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies rules.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate the employee safety program in partnership with management. Responsibilities include recognition, evaluation, and recommendations for minimizing employee injuries/illnesses through hazard identification, accident investigation, ergonomic assessments, and review of accident history.
• Provide technical consulting services which include recognition, evaluation and recommendations designed to minimize deficiencies and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
• Engage and influence management to help develop their responsibility and leadership in safety in their locations. Assist site management with contractor safety questions and compliance paperwork. Work with contractor safety consultant during overhaul/projects to ensure alignment and consistency in safe work expectations for work teams.
• Monitor and interpret federal, state, and local safety and health rules and regulations which impact the business units. Author and communicate Company safety and health policies based on those rules and regulations.
• Develop training lesson plan content and provide regulatory compliance training to personnel for new hire safety orientations and annual OSHA required training.
• Act as the lead in safety and health audits and deliver feedback to business unit management on their accident elimination programs and regulatory compliance.
• Maintain professional expertise by attending professional development conferences and maintain all professional certifications. Participate on internal or external task force committees related to new regulatory compliance or continuous improvement in safety. Maintain a working knowledge of current safety regulations and serves as a resource to management and employees on interpretation and compliance.
• Bachelor's degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related discipline or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge required.
• Recognized safety certification preferred.
• Certified Safety Professional designation (BCSP) preferred.
• 7-8 years of work experience within the safety field strongly preferred
• Customer and Stakeholder Engagement
• Job and Business Expertise
• Operational Excellence
• Relationship Focused