home >> petrochem / fossil / offshore >> job board >> post

Roadtechs.com PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board AB [Controls Engineer] I&C Engineer

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

Instrument &Controls (I&C) Engineer III
Charlotte, NC

System One is seeking an I&C Engineer with fossil power plant design experience to join an Instrument and Controls Engineering Team with a detail design engineering firm in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Instrument and Controls Engineers will work on an array of functions to include but not limited to the design, evaluation, selection, and modification of instrumentation equipment and controls systems within the Industrial Construction/Services Industry. Instrumentation and Controls engineers will receive instruction on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions.

I&C Engineer III Responsibilities:
• Design, specify and recommend instrumentation and control systems for power plants and industrial facilities.
• Interface with customer, suppliers and construction throughout design and construction phase.
• Control system architecture development, specification, and I/O configuration.
• Process Instrumentation configuration and specification.
• Development of controls strategies and control logic
• Design of system wiring drawings and instrument installation details.
• Construction support, including field Engineering design, and installation compliance.
• Startup and commissioning support including Distributed Controls System software development and testing
• Will work on planning, design, procurement, and installation oversight of Instrumentation and Controls systems, equipment, and components.
• Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Examines control drawings for completeness, detail, and accuracy as a peer reviewer.
• Checks manufacturers prints and coordinates between these and engineering design firm’s drawings.
• May perform studies, preparation of specifications, evaluation of proposals, and development of estimates.
• May recommend for purchase controls systems components. Performs other duties of a related nature which may be assigned.

I&C Engineer III Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in instrumentation and controls engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, process engineering with ABET accreditation
• Minimum of 4 years of experience with instrument and controls engineering for industrial plants
• PE license preferred or ability to obtain PE
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.

Additional Information:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Salary will be commensurate with experience. May be required to travel to plant sites.

Schedule and Benefit Details:
• Monday – Friday
• Weekly Pay
• Benefits after 30 days
• Long-term contract opportunity

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.
Use of the Roadtechs.com website implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement and acknowledgment of our Privacy Policy.