[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The expected annual salary falls in the compensation range of $126,000 to $166,000. *
This position serves as structural engineer on assigned multidiscipline projects for industrial and petrochemical clients. Works closely with the project team to develop calculations, reports, drawings, and models.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Coordinate with other disciplines as required for successful execution of projects
* Learn and comply with Anvilís Project Services Quality System
* Analyze survey data, drawings, topographical and geotechnical data for project planning and design purposes
* Determine code requirements for analysis and design of structures
* Develop calculations and specifications as required for feasibility studies and for permit and construction packages
* Perform integrity evaluations of existing structures including equipment and vessel supports, buildings, pipe racks and other industrial structures
* Perform periodic field visits to project sites to monitor construction progress and ensure conformance to design specifications. * Interact directly with project management and other disciplines, Assist in developing civil structural scope of work, hour estimates and scheduling for project planning and execution, Develop project design basis, Participate in meetings with the Client and project team to establish project objectives and to coordinate and/or resolve design problems, Coordinate civil structural engineering reports, studies, calculations, specifications, as well as review vendor submittals, and Supervise, oversee, and coordinate engineering activities of team members
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Excellent organizational, and team communication/leadership skills
* Ability to work within a team environment
* Strong background in petrochemical/heavy industrial industry
* Strong detailed design experience in steel and concrete structures, foundations and retaining walls
* Wood and masonry design experience is required
* Blast resistant design experience - preferred but not required
* Artic engineering experience - preferred but not required
* Excellent understanding of seismic design is required
* Have strong written and verbal communication skills
* Lead, coach, and mentor a team of up to 10 civil structural engineers
* Experience with design of foundations for vibration control is required
* Expert working knowledge of IBC, ASCE 7, AISC and ACI codes
* Strong computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, RISA3D
* Experience in performing structural integrity evaluations of existing industrial infrastructure and facilities
* Grading and paving, hydrology, wastewater experience preferred, but not required
* Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
* Ability to establish and maintain positive client relationships
* Willingness and ability to travel on short duration assignments
* Applicants must be able to obtain a TWIC card.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* B.S. in Civil Engineering
* PE license required; SE preferred but not required
* 8-25 years of professional experience
* Able to sit/stand, type, and perform computer work for long periods of time.
* Frequent use of hands/fingers for computer entry and answering phones.
* Able to perform occasional bending, lifting, and reaching.
* Must be able to lift 15 lbs if necessary.
Anvil Corp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply.
At Anvil, our employees are part of a company with a long-standing reputation for excellence in the engineering industry. We believe that our greatest strength is our people and their potential. Thatís why we support our employees with great benefits, a strong work-life balance, training, mentorships, and hands-on experience at client sites. At Anvil, you get to be part of a larger family. We look forward to meeting you!
* The compensation information noted is the most reasonable and genuinely expected range of compensation for this specific position. Wages are ultimately based upon a candidateís experience and qualifications, as well as internal equity and location/market and business considerations. Full Anvil benefits for all direct hire positions include: health/dental/vision/life insurance, retirement (401k and ESOP), paid days off (sick, vacation, holiday), disability benefits, and a hybrid office workweek option.