[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SPI experience a must
This is a mid-level control systems and instrumentation designer position. The position requires strong technical ability to both perform design tasks, ability to work independently with moderate guidance, and strong communication skills in written, spoken, and personal formats. Our designers must be capable of producing complete construction drawing packages, coordinating with or working under our engineers. They must also coordinate with designers and engineers from other disciplines, provide complete packages in proper formats for our project assistants, and coordinate with document control for proper checkout/check-in procedures. Our mid-level designers span the range of just starting to lead their own small design projects under the guidance of our Work Group Leaders (WGL), to being capable of leading medium size projects with a small team. Strong knowledge and ability to produce all the foundational pieces of controls and instrumentation design packages is essential.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Execute project design tasks in partnership with Control Systems Engineer counterparts
* Develop Control Systems scope on the project P&IDs
* Coordinate with Control Systems Engineer, Design WGL, and project team to develop basic schedules
* Coordinate inter-discipline design directly with counterparts in other disciplines (such as piping and electrical)
* Work within 3D design software where applicable; contribute to and extract information from 3D model
* Perform detailed vendor document reviews and incorporate into project design
* Perform drawing and document research in client databases; coordinate with Document Control at Anvil and Clients to properly find and checkout drawings
* Develop detailed construction packages in accordance with codes and standards:
- Block Diagrams
- Location and Plot Plans
- Wiring Diagrams
- Loop Drawings
- Cabinet/Equipment Layouts
- Cable & Conduit Routing Schedules
- Conduit & Tray Diagrams
- Instrument Installation Details
- Material Take-Offs (MTO) and Bills of Material (BoMs)
- Coordinate final package quality checks and hand-off to project assistants for formal issue
- NOTE: when performing as a lead designer, you may not perform all of these duties on a given project, but you are ultimately responsible for the quality and completeness of the package
* Perform quality checks on onesí own work
* Ensure projects and work processes adhere to Anvilís Project Services Quality System (PSQS)
* Perform work with moderate supervision and guidance
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES - TECHNICAL
* Ability to create, modify and work with 2D drawings in the AutoCAD 2010 (or newer) software
* Read basic Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), and translate them into control system documents such as block diagrams
* As-build control and instrument systems in the field, producing accurate markups of documents and drawings
* Design infrastructure for industrial communication and control networks
* Design wiring, conduit, and cable tray systems for NEC-hazardous classified areas.
* Prepare detailed design of projects in compliance with governing codes, regulations, and client standards
* Design PLC and DCS hardware and wiring systems; working knowledge of PLC and DCS point types
* Basic working knowledge of 3D Design and software
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES - OTHER
* Familiar with and able to work within stage-gated project processes and requirements
* Prioritize own work on multiple projects
* Perform effectively in a team environment, both in-person and remotely
* Strong communication and organizational skills
* Experience developing construction packages for small to medium projects ($1MM to $30MM TIC)
* Highly detail oriented with a strong, self-driven work ethic
* Able to identify areas of personal technical strengths and weaknesses, ask for help when needed, and quickly learn new responsibilities
* Able to evaluate equipment in the field, including climbing ladders, flights of stairs, etc.
* Able to travel to remote work sites on occasion
* Strong computer skills - Microsoft Applications
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* A.A.S. or higher in engineering or related discipline - Preferred
* Ability to work in INtools (SPI)
* Strong 3D Design capability
* Experience in Electrical Design
* Working knowledge and basic understanding of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
* Experience working on-site at an industrial facility in maintenance, reliability, or projects groups
* Ability and desire to mentor young designers and engineer
* Experience with MicroStation
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
* 8-15 years of experience in I&C design on Oil & Gas, Refining, and/or Petrochemical Plant projects
* Able to sit/stand, type, and perform computer work for long periods of time.
* Frequent use of hands/fingers for computer entry and answering phones.
* Able to perform occasional bending, lifting, and reaching.
* Must be able to lift 15 lbs if necessary.
* Able to work in heavy industrial facilities: climb ladders, work off elevated surfaces, and walk over uneven surfaces while wearing required PPE
Anvil Corp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply.
At Anvil, our employees are part of a company with a long-standing reputation for excellence in the engineering industry. We believe that our greatest strength is our people and their potential. Thatís why we support our employees with great benefits, a strong work-life balance, training, mentorships, and hands-on experience at client sites. At Anvil, you get to be part of a larger family. We look forward to meeting you!