[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NAES Staffing Services is looking for Production Technicians to work in Nevada, TX on a temp to hire position (approximately 3 months). This position pays $33/hr plus per diem ($186 daily for non local candidate) and is looking for someone to start ASAP. Prior power plant experience is REQUIRED. For non-local candidates, the expectation is to move locally for the position when hired. If you have the experience below, please APPLY TODAY!!
Production Technicians safely and efficiently operate and maintain critical plant equipment for electric power generating units at the Electric Power Plants. The Electric Power Plants include the Ray Olinger, the Spencer, and the Lewisville Dam Hydroelectric power stations.
Essential Job Functions
- Record and compile operational data, completing and maintaining forms, logs, and reports.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain equipment such as generators, turbines, pumps, and compressors in order to prevent equipment failure or deterioration.
- Take readings from charts, meters and gauges at established intervals, and take corrective steps as necessary
- Manipulate plant valves and switches in accordance to established procedures and processes. Promptly report any equipment deficiencies to Plant Leadership.
- Conduct plant-wide rounds to monitor and record critical operating parameters and to proactively identify plant equipment deficiencies.
- Effectively utilize the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to enter work requests regarding equipment deficiencies.
- Assist in performing mechanical maintenance work on plant equipment including, but not limited to, valve packing, bolt torqueing, piping/line disassembly, valve rebuilds.
- Ensure that assigned area is free of debris and trip hazards; adhere to the plant-wide safety culture and the target-zero accident initiative; use established Human Performance Improvement processes to mitigate unit availability threats due to human error.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
- Two years of power generation operation experience or four years of experience in a heavy industrial setting
- Power generating unit operations
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to work a rotating shift schedule
- Demonstrated knowledge of operational excellence practices
- Proficient knowledge of standard operational practices and methods
- Skill in performing heavy equipment maintenance functions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of the inner-relationship between various plant machines and the
principles of mechanical power generation
- Proactively identifies deficiencies with plant equipment or systems
- Ability to work from procedures, sketches, and blueprints
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid Class C Texas driver's license or ability to achieve a Texas Driverís license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a power plant environment; occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental condition and/or hazards; occasional outside work. May be assigned to any schedule, any number of hours or shifts including rotating shifts. This position requires random drug testing. This position requires annual security clearance. Willing to maintain and answer a phone 24-7.