[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Lead DCS Commissioning Specialist (ABB Model WOIS - ABB Platform Controlling Siemens PLC)
Omaha NE Area
System One is currently seeking a strong Lead DCS Commissioning Specialist to complete the start-up and commissioning of:
• 9 Wartsila (18V50DF) reciprocating engine with a substation
This position will require the ability to perform/supervise/document installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and operation of industrial process instrument and controls during all commissioning and operational phases of the project.
Lead DCS Commissioning Specialist Responsibilities:
• Primary task will be to direct, perform and report daily work for control systems commissioning staff. Coordinate/direct vendors and subcontractors for equipment being checked out and commissioned
The position requires good leadership, communication and supervision skills.
• Responsible for the proper evaluation of instrumentation and control system drawings. Being able to utilize the instrumentation and control drawings to complete all required tasks and provide corrections as necessary to ensure all drawings are updated for completeness, detail and accuracy. Checks manufactures? prints and coordinates with project engineers drawings.
• Ability to work/create a project schedule and complete assigned daily work to achieve commissioning goals.
• Ensure all company policies are being followed by control systems staff and team members.
Ability to train and assist staff and team members in testing, commissioning, troubleshooting, operation and maintenance of the projects control systems.
• Practical knowledge of routine and precedent design and working knowledge of instrumentation principles for application in solving problems. Extensive practical knowledge of instrumentation and controls methods and practices.
• Ensures all work is performed utilizing safe, reliable and appropriate technical skills to provide required results. May supervise several technicians and other personnel on assigned work.
• Responsible for providing detailed information and scheduling within areas of expertise to support the project.
• Strong computer and verbal skills is a must. May be required to attend and/or lead daily/weekly meetings with project team.
Lead DCS Commissioning Specialist Requirements:
• Associates degree in an electrical technology related curriculum or equivalent job related experience (two years of experience equals one year of college)
• Ten (10) years experience in DCS commissioning using Siemens T3000 of power plants.
• Balance of Plant
• Start date: end October 2023
• Duration: 10 months plus
• Location: Omaha, NE area
• Mobilization and demobilization paid
• Per diem paid
• Weekly Pay
• Benefits after 30 days
• Long-term contract opportunity
System One maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.