Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23607
Four years of commercial/naval sheet metal experience as a first class Sheet Metal Worker in the installation of foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture and sheet metal fabrication shop work.
1. Ability to comprehend complex ventilation assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
2. Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
3. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
4. Ability to assemble piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
5. Experience working in a physically demanding environment.
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Experience using small hand tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns), and shop equipment (drill press, press break, shears etc.).
8. Carbon Steel Fillet Welding (512) Qualification: Fillet Welding– single-pass (NAVSEA Technical Publication 39074-AQ-GIB-010/248).
1. Rigger/Material Handling
2. Mobile Equipment (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
3. MIG/TIG Welding.
4. Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
All Sheet Metal Workers will be required to pass a single-pass Fillet Welder Qualification test, using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)(Stick) Process upon reporting for the first day of work. Test will consist of both Vertical Up (3F) and Overhead (4F) positions with a Single-pass Fillet. Each pass shall have at least one stop and start within the weld length. The Welding School will administer the following tests: A. Single-pass Fillet Weld consisting of: • One (1) hour practice • One (1) hour Vertical test • One (1) hour Overhead test Upon completion of these requirements, new leased employees will be trained and/or qualified for: 1. WS001 (FIREWATCH) 2. STDWICC (WELD INSTRUCTION CONTROL CARD) 3. WS007 (OXY FUEL HEATER) 4. WS025 (MAPP GAS TRAINING) 5. WSSRA012 (VT LEVEL 1 CERTIFIED) 6. WS030 (PREHEAT & INTERPASS TRAINING) 7. HEXAVALENT CHROMIUM AFFECTED QUALIFIED Prior to performing work at Client all Sheet Metal Workers must successfully pass, without training, the above welding tests at the Client welding school. Required
Safety Training / Qualifications:
Leased Labor Provider Company (LLPC) shall provide employees who have completed the following safety training and /or medical clearance. Leased Labor Provider Company shall provide documentation (copy of training, records, medical clearances, etc.) on Company Letterhead to Client Environmental, Health and Safety Department (O27) for review and approval prior to hiring of leased employees to work at Client. All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE*) is to be provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company. All Personal Protective Equipment provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company shall meet the requirements of OSHA and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and /or as specified by Client
124 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.