Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 92103
If you are an Environmental, Health & Safety Inspector with shipyard experience and want to work for a wonderful company...we have the job for YOU!
United Labor Group proudly services clients all across the Nation. We have an outstanding reputation for being an industry leader in providing skilled craftsmen to projects all across the United States. We offer consistent work, competitive benefits, top pay and professionalism. Join our team TODAY!
The Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Inspector is responsible for promoting EHS stewardship throughout the company while inspecting and providing EHS guidance and support to the workforce. Supports the development of EHS programs and projects. Ensures that the company maintains compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local regulations.
• Has a High School diploma or GED; with typical 4 years of directly related EHS experience or AS Degree in related EHS field.
• Typically requires a BS Degree in a related field, preferably in Industrial Safety or Environmental Compliance, or significant experience in shipyard trade operations and typical 2 years of experience performing the EHS inspection duties.
• Continuing education in approved EHS related courses towards a Professional
• Certificate in EHS or equivalent and/or seeking a higher education degree in a related field.
• Conducts shipboard safety walk thru inspections for on and off site vessels as required daily.
• Safety walks of the facility grounds to ensure compliance of environmental and safety hazards.
• Inspects and maintains fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, and ear plug dispensing stations.
• Maintains MSDS/SDS sheets for contract availabilities in progress.
• Maintains lab analysis of paint and installation samples per assigned availabilities
• Conduct breathing air surveillances.
• Inspect scaffolding systems daily prior to commencement of work.
• Conduct Grade D breathing air test.
• Extensive knowledge of ship repair or other manufacturing operations, facilities, processes and operating procedures to understand the impact that Federal, State and Local EHS regulations.
• With minimum supervision, EHS Inspector is responsible for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are followed.
• Applicable Federal, State and local EHS regulations (1915, 1910, EPA).
• Presentation techniques for EHS training.
• Techniques used to recognize HS hazards and environmental risks.
• Working with and management of hazardous materials and wastes.
• Ship configuration, shipbuilding techniques and operations.
• Knowledge and experience with accident prevention principles, spill mitigation and their application to industrial operations; to learn techniques of making field inspections, conducting investigations, and identifying hazards; and other relevant skills.
• Conduct daily inspections of assigned areas ensuring that all operations (including those of Sub-Contractors) are in compliance with Federal, State and local regulations and company EHS policies and procedures; identify EHS hazards or deficiencies and initiates corrective action through production supervision.
• Prepare written reports on inspections, accident investigations, statistical information on injuries and illnesses, employee complaints or concerns.
• Review current literature and trade publications in order to remain current regarding all OSHA and other applicable HS standards and regulations.
• A vision exam is required.
• Color perception using the Ishihara Test or the Farnsworth D-15 Test.
Qualified candidates will have at least 5 years of experience as EHS Inspector, preferably within the Marine/Shipbuilding industry.
• Must be able to successfully clear a thorough criminal background check
• Must clear pre-employment Drug Screen
• OSHA Certified
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Matching 401K program
• Hotel assistance
• Referral Bonuses
• Low Cost Health Insurance for you and your family
• Cash Advances
• Weekly direct deposit to your checking account or our easy and convenient rapid pay card
ULGMarine is a skilled craft labor staffing company focused on workforce solutions for the Marine Industry from shipbuilding through repair. Our mission is simple: to build long term relationships between our clients and our employees through trust, integrity and being the best at what we do. With over 30 years' experience, our depth of knowledge and commitment to the Marine industry is surpassed by none.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
225 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.