Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Buyer II- Mobile, AL
Sirius Technical Services is seeking a Buyer II for a contract (long-term) position in Mobile, AL.
• Performs quoting, negotiating and issuing purchase orders $15M+ in value, in a timely manner, for raw materials, parts, subassemblies, finished goods, MRO materials, equipment, tooling, supplies and/or services from suppliers via purchase requisitions or MRP messages.
• Follows up with requestors and end users regarding purchase order due dates and status when inquiries are made.
• Follows traffic and logistics guidelines and minimizes the use of expedited shipping services where/when possible.
• Follows all supply chain policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials and particularly the ability to keep confidential information regarding all purchasing or commodity strategies confidential (and in some cases, within the supply chain function exclusively).
• Runs and maintains the buying desk’s purchase requisition or MRP open order, expedite, de-expedite, and past due reports and ensures MRP/IFS system is updated accordingly.
• Maintains on time deliverables i.e... milestones and SDRL’s
• Additional order management i.e. ingot rate; two tier suppliers set up
• Works in cooperation with material planning, production planning and logistics to reduce part inventory, obsolete and slow-moving materials and handle schedule changes.
• Strives to increase understanding of the services, material and manufacturing processes associated with the assigned buying desk.
• Responsible for supporting related departments with the resolution of supplier invoice discrepancies and non-conforming material, requisition issues etc.
• Four (4) years purchasing experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree required and/or:
o Degree discipline in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain or Logistics preferred.
o Eight (8) years purchasing experience will be considered in lieu of a degree with preferred purchasing experience in the defense industry.
o Candidates may be considered if they possess a combination of one (1) + years progress toward a Bachelor’s in a related discipline and seven (7) + years purchasing experience.
• Excellent time management skills as evidenced by the ability to adhere to deadlines while managing multiple priorities required.
• Basic to Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Internet Explorer and Outlook required. Access skills preferred.
• Incumbent individuals are required to complete the requisite courses required to be eligible for promotion to the corresponding levels
• Certifications preferred: A.P.P., C.P.M., CPSM, CSCP, CPIM.
• Additional preferred work experience:
o Purchasing experience in a Contractor Purchasing System Review- U.S. defense environment.
o Material and service quoting, analyzing, negotiating, reporting and purchase order placement.
o Supplier rationalization activities (adding/removing suppliers and familiarity with Approved Supplier Lists, Bid Lists, and small business requirements);
o Order follow- up activities (expediting, de-expediting and statusing);
o Use of ERP/MRP systems and logic such as IFS, BAAN, SAP, JD Edwards and Oracle with IFS as first preference.
o Discrepancy resolution activities such as invoice discrepancies, non-conforming material cases and repair/rework material authorizations;
o Data mining and market analysis;
o Dealing with traffic, routing instructions, and interaction with the laws governing direct and indirect purchasing. dealing with traffic, routing instructions, and interaction with the laws governing direct and indirect purchasing.
o Reading blueprints/drawings, interpret specifications and review statements of work.
o General understanding of the Uniform Commercial Code, U.S. Government FAR, DFARS and ITAR requirements.
o General understanding of enterprise quality system functionality (e.g., ISO 9000, AS9100, TS16949, etc.).
o General understanding of the material, services and manufacturing processes associated with the assigned buying desk.
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO KAYLA.ROWE@SIRIUSTECHNICAL.COM
114 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.