Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 97216
If you are an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic with 4+ years of experience and want to work for a wonderful company...we have the job for YOU!
United Labor Group proudly services clients all across the Nation. We have an outstanding reputation for being an industry leader in providing skilled craftsmen to projects all across the United States. We offer consistent work, competitive benefits, top pay and professionalism. Join our team TODAY!
Job Title: Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Portland OR
General Position Summary:
• Maintenance Mechanic plans and provides mechanical equipment maintenance; trouble shoots and solves problems for manufacturing and building equipment.
• Maintains records and equipment to reduce delays, costs, and breakdowns.
• Contributes to a work environment where all employees work safely and respectfully with one another.
• Communicates and coordinates with production and maintenance supervisory personnel, equipment needs and requirements.
• Responsible for maintenance on plant machinery and equipment.
• Responds to repair and part requirements to maintain all machinery at its highest level of integrity.
• Provides assistance teaching others the necessary techniques and knowledge of trade.
• Interprets mechanical prints, drawings and technical data to conduct maintenance of machinery.
• Assists engineering and production departments in the development and execution of ideas to improve products, machinery and methods.
• Determines plant machinery needs and requirements and communicates repairs and adjustments to maintenance and production supervisory personnel.
• Provides input on preventative/predictive maintenance programs.
• Perform repairs with little or no supervision in accordance with service manuals and manufacturers specifications
• Work under the guidelines of Maintenance Lead man or Foreman and may direct or coordinate Maintenance B Mechanics, and Helpers
• Must obtain and retain a current fire extinguisher and forklift license in a short period of time after being hired.
• Must be able to obtain a company weld certification; both stick and wire in a short period of time after being hired.
Specific Job Skills:
• Must have own tools up to 1-1/4"
• Must have basic computer skills to do data entry for work orders.
• Able to work any shift including weekends
• Communicate in a professional manner over a two way radio system
• Able to work overtime given with short notice
• Able to work off of ladders, scaffolding and catwalks
• Must be able to reset 7 different styles of fire systems
• Able to work in adverse weather conditions, including confined and cramped environments
• Able to lift 100 Lbs. occasionally and 50 lbs. frequently and to work up to 150 feet off the ground
• Must demonstrate knowledge and ability to use precision measuring and testing equipment
• Able to use equipment such as hoists, cranes, forklifts, woodworking, metalworking equipment, power and hand tools in a safe manner
• Must have passed an accredited hydraulic course on basic hydraulics.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Minimum 4 years of industrial maintenance experience in all of the following areas: pneumatics, hydraulics, building maintenance, heavy steel fabrication.
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Matching 401K program
• Hotel assistance
• Referral Bonuses
• Low Cost Health Insurance for you and your family
• Cash Advances
• Weekly direct deposit to your checking account or our easy and convenient rapid pay card
ULGMarine is a skilled craft labor staffing company focused on workforce solutions for the Marine Industry from shipbuilding through repair. Our mission is simple: to build long term relationships between our clients and our employees through trust, integrity and being the best at what we do. With over 30 years' experience, our depth of knowledge and commitment to the Marine industry is surpassed by none.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
85 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.