[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 496496
Posted By: PMQS
Posted On: 2019-03-06 08:01:13
Email Address: email@example.com
Link: *****APPLY HERE!!*****
Subject: Shipfitter - Advanced (Multi-Pass Tack & Burn)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
*****ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES PLEASE USE LINK BELOW TO APPLY*****
Four years of commercial/naval experience as a first-class Shipfitter. Experience must be documented on "Advanced Shipfitter Summary Sheet" prior to arrival at NNS.
1. Multi-Pass Tack Welding.
2. Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
3. Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
4. Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
5. Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
6. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
7. Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
8. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.).
9. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
10.Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
11. Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
12. Ability to use Work Packages and Drawings to plan and execute work.
13. Ability to use Molded Lines and Ship Reference Lines to execute required work.
14. Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Complex-shaped Shell Plates.
15. Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Decks, Bulkheads, Longitudinals, trunks, etc:,
16. Ability to Install and Replace Hull Inserts and Penetrations, Ability to Install Miscellaneous and Complex Foundations.
1. Rigger/Material Handling
2. Optical instrument experience (Level, Transit)
3. Shipwright / Erect & Set experience.
4. Tank Testing
5. Mobile equipment operation (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
Tack Welding Qualification:
All Shipfitters will be required to pass a Multi-Pass Tack Welder Qualification Test upon reporting for the first day of work.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
1076 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.