[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 510933
Posted By: NSC Technologies
Posted On: 2019-01-08 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Shipfitter] Shipfitter
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Temp to Direct
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 32233
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 8176179875
Ship Fitter Journeyman
NSC Technologies has an immediate need for a Ship Fitter Journeyman in the Jacksonville Florida area. Ship Fitters must have the ability to understand directions and follow instructions. Technically proficient in tasks, work processes, and equipment operation. Accountable for completion of daily work assignments, completion of work signatures, and QA signatures for completeness and quality of work. Candidates may be required to travel to different BAE Systems sites or Naval Bases.
Work location: Jacksonville FL, per diem offered to those who qualify.
Ship Fitter Journeyman Job Description:
• Responsible for Production ship fitting operations aboard ship vessels and Fabrication shop.
• Work with Components to fit/fabricate include but are not limited to structural parts, deck plates, bulkheads and foundations using Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) and Gas Metal Arc Welding Pulse (GMAW-P) processes.
• Must be able to work within a team-based environment to accomplish all aspects of ship fitting and welding fabrication.
• Ship fitting operations include rip/outs by oxy-fuel torch cutting, plasma cutting and at times cold cutting.
• Must be skilled and experienced in 5XXX aluminum process, to include PCP work.
• Must be able to obtain DBIDS credential/Government clearance
• Ability to accomplish ship-fitting operations aboard vessels and shipboard environments.
• Must be able to rip-out, fabricate and install components based on NAVSEA drawing requirements.
• Must be able to use hand tools and power tools safely and efficiently.
• Must be able to pass a hands-on welding practical test on SMAW, FCAW and GMAW-P (5XXX Aluminum) by way of a VT NDT within no more than two attempts.
• Welding test will consist of partial penetration fillet weld test plates in three positions each; overhead (4G), vertical (3G) and horizontal position (2G).
• Must be able to pass an oxy-fuel torch test within first attempt.
• Must have own basic ship-fitter tool kit.
• Must be able to understand, read and interpret welding symbols based on the requirements of Military Standard 22-D and have working experience with Military Standard 1689, DM 10-623B and CG-47 Crack Repair Manual.
• Ability to cross-craft between ship fitting and welding.
• Ability to interpret and understand NAVSEA drawings/blueprints.
• Good communication and good interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to work at heights, in confined spaces and have the ability to climb staircases and ladders of varying sizes.
• Must be able to carry personal tool bag weighing anywhere from 20-30 lbs.
**FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, PLEASE CONTACT Jana Bostick 817-617-9875 email resume to email@example.com**
Come be a part of a premier staffing company with job opportunities across the country!
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources
**NSC TECHNOLOGIES offers Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and a 401k plan to ALL eligible employees
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D
*NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States. Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.nsc-tech.com
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
166 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.