[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 518162
Posted By: ULG Marine
Posted On: 2019-03-13 13:06:56
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: [Electrician] Marine Electrician-LOCALS ONLY
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 32034
Marine Electrician – 1st Class
Must be able to obtain dbid clearance to enter base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned. Successfully performs work individually, as a member of a single craft, or a multi-craft work crew.
1. Complies with all craft and shipyard safety and environmental measures.
2. Consistently exceeds Journeyman standards.
3. Troubleshoots advanced electrical systems and circuits. (e.g. multiple function systems)
4. Coordinates with different crafts to complete assigned tasks.
5. Responsible for doing some of his/her own planning.
6. Tests equipment.
7. Proper care and safe use of hand and power tools.
8. Works from ship specifications, work orders and applicable working drawings and blueprints.
9. Researches and suggests written comprehensive condition found reports (CFRs).
10. Responsible for being conversant in ABS and Coast Guard regulations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE:
1. Communicates effectively, work independently or in a group.
2. Ability to do basic math, i.e. add, subtract, divide and multiply.
3. Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
4. Advanced knowledge of AC and DC electrical theory.
5. Power generation, control and distribution.
6. Trouble shooting electrical equipment.
7. Use of test equipment.
8. Blueprint reading and advanced layout.
9. Electric motors and controls.
10. Grounding and bonding.
11. Cable – identification, size requirements and ampacity limits or where to find the information.
12. Fabrication and installation of packing tubes, multiple cable transits, collars, conduit, and raceways.
13. Conduit bending.
14. Interior communications and alarms.
15. Ability to reason and find solutions.
High school diploma or GED preferred. 4 years relevant work experience. Proven skills, work history and/or applicable education will be considered in lieu of work experience.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Sitting, Standing, Walking, Crouching, Kneeling/Crawling, Stooping, Twisting, Climbing, BalancingLeg/Foot Use (To repetitively operate machine controls), Reaching, Handling/Grasping, Fingering/Feeling, Pushing/Pulling, Lifting/Carrying, and other similar physical demands.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Health insurance (for you and your family)
Dental & Vision
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
135 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.