[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Riley Power Group (RPG) is hiring Machinists short & long-term projects in the US. We offer benefits, per diem and a highly-competitive salary.
Minimum of five years’ experience as an inside machinist; preferably in marine, commercial nuclear or Petro-chem industries.
Skills & other requirements:
• Able to operate Conventional Boring Mill, CNC Vertical mill, Conventional Lathe, Conventional Turret Lathe, CNC lathe and TRAK Mill w/Proto trak Control and Conventional Engine lathe.
• Read and interpret documentation (Work instructions and blueprints) for the setup of various machines.
• Perform inspection of finished parts against established blue prints, schematics, and technical data provided.
• Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
• Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
• Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
• Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save modified programs.
• Calculate machine speed and feed ratios and the size and position of cuts.
• Write simple programs for CNC machine tools G code for Fanuc controls and Conversational programming for Proto trak controls.
• Able to use Macro’s for repetitive operations for the Fanuc controls. Understands geometry for different thread types (Acme, American standard).
• Successful pass of all pre-employment screenings which may include but, are not limited to: physical/ med quals, drug-screen and 7-year background check.
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a management team that has spent decades working in maintenance and construction. RPG has many industry contracts and relationships with a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We are looking forward to hearing from you! To learn more or apply please upload your resume to our career portal www.rileypowergroup.com/career-portal or call our Staffing Department at (910) 420-6999 ext. 3.