[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 527970
Posted By: PMQS
Posted On: 2019-07-17 08:42:20
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: ****Apply Here****
Subject: [Welder] Sheet Metal Worker -Fillet Welder
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23606
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 7044502101
Requirements For Sheet Metal Worker Position:
Sheet Metal Worker Experience:
Four years commercial/naval sheet metal experience as a first class Sheet Metal Worker in the installation of foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture and sheet metal fabrication shop work.
1. Ability to comprehend complex ventilation assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
2. Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
3. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
4. Ability to assemble piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
5. Experience working in a physically demanding environment.
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Experience using small hand tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns), and shop equipment (drill press, press break, shears etc.).
8. Carbon Steel Fillet Welding (512)
Fillet Welding– single-pass.
1. Rigger/Material Handling
2. Mobile Equipment (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
3. MIG/TIG Welding.
4. Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
All Sheet Metal Workers will be required to pass a single-pass Fillet Welder Qualification test, using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)(Stick) Process upon reporting for the first day of work. Test will consist of both Vertical Up (3F) and Overhead (4F) positions with a Single-pass Fillet. Each pass shall have at least one stop and start within the weld length.
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
A. Single-pass Fillet Weld consisting of:
• One (1) hour practice
• One (1) hour Vertical test
• One (1) hour Overhead test
Prior to performing work at Newport News all Sheet Metal Workers must successfully pass, without training, the above welding tests at the Newport News welding school.
**Prior to employment, all new hire candidates must pass a background check and hair follicle drug test.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
264 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.