[Welder] Pipe Welder $130/ Diem
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PeopleReady is hiring and placing pipe welders on a long term contract in Tacoma, WA
$19.00 + 130.00/diem
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Weld out piping spools, pipe runs, and manifolds using primarily stick welding processes (80%) and in some cases MIG or TIG welding processes (20%) on carbon steel, stainless steel or various other alloys as required by each project based upon specifications for each vessel.
· Weld pipe seams horizontal, vertical and overhead, for fillet, butt-weld, socket, and mitered joints
· Perform welds in environment using primarily stick welding with 6010, 5P+, Fillet passes, 7018, Cover passes, 6G, and 6GR testing
· Perform mirror welds in 6 GR situations as needed
· Practices good housekeeping and safety practices, completes assignments in a timely manner.
· Grinds and prep weld seams for tacking, grinding, and final inspection post weld.
· Set up and set arc welder for root passes, cover passes, welding hangers, and repairs.
· Perform Air Arc operations or grinders to back gouge welds and remove bad welds as needed.
· Performs welds on many alloys including but not limited to, mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and copper nickel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to read and interpret specifications, understand and read drawings and blue prints and understand the contract requirements and schedule constraints.
· Knowledge of shipyard safety practices, vessel terminology and use of scissor and boom lifts.
· High School Education or equivalent or vocational education
· Able to understand and perform basic mathematics
· Team Player
· 5+ Years' experience as a Pipe Welder
· 6-G ABS or USCG Certifications in Stainless Steel (ARC, MIG, & TIG), Aluminum (TIG), and Copper Nickel (TIG).
· Marine Pipe Welding Experience