[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Riley Power Group (RPG) is seeking Skilled Pipe Welders for a long-term position at Newport News Shipyard in Newport News, Virginia. We offer benefits, per diem and a highly-competitive salary.
Minimum of five years commercial/naval welding experience
Skills & other Requirements:
• Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process.
• Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes.
• Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes.
• Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
• Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
• Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six-inch scale.
• Successfully pass all pre-employment screenings including: respirator physical and all med quals, hair follicle drug-screen and background check.
• All positions using the SMAW and GTAW processes.
• Thin wall sockets (Required for below 0.187 wall joints).
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a seasoned management team with decades of applicable industry experience. RPG has a wealth of industry relationships and contracts that share a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We are looking forward to hearing from you! To learn more or apply use our career portal: www.rileypowergroup.com/career-portal or call 910-420-6999 ext. 1003