[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Riley Power Group (RPG) is seeking first- class Deck Electricians for a long-term position at Newport News Shipyard in Newport News, Virginia. We offer benefits, per diem, and a highly-competitive salary.
The Deck Electrician must have 4 or more years’ experience in the electrical field - Marine or Commercial Nuclear applications.
1. Must be able to read and interpret shipboard electrical installation drawings, wiring tables, schematics, and work packages.
2. Work independently with proper instruction.
3. Proficient in the use of basic electrical meters and test instruments (volt-ohm meter, clamp-on ammeter, insulation resistance testers (mergers, etc.).
4. General Deck electrician work (i.e. layoff and mount, electrical equipment and wireways; install cable penetrations in equipment, bulkheads, and decks; cable installation; cable terminations; and cut-in and hook ups.
5. Proficient in the use of basic electrician hand tools (i.e. pliers, wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, connector, crimping tools, etc.).
6. Physically able to climb vertical and inclined stairs and ladders, crawl, bend, stoop, work at heights, and work in confined space.
6. A deck electrician will be required to pass the Stud Shooting training class and the associated vision test. The test will be administered by NNS.
7. Successful pass of all pre-employment screenings including: respirator physical/ med quals, hair follicle drug-screen and 7-year background check.
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a seasoned management team with decades of applicable industry experience. RPG has a wealth of industry relationships and contracts that share a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We are looking forward to hearing from you! To learn more or apply use our career portal: www.rileypowergroup.com/career-portal or call 910-420-6999 ext. 3