[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
IF INTERESTED SEND RESUME TO CMAUPIN@AEROTEK.COM
2 YEAR CONTARCT PAYING UP TO $37/hr AND $120 IN PER DIEM A DAY
MUST HAVE ATLEAST 4 YEARS OF SHIPFITTER/STRUCTURAL FITTING EXPERIENCE
MUST BE A CURRENT US CITIZEN
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A BG AND HAIR FOLLICLE DRUG TEST
MARINE FITTING EXPERIENCE IS PREFFRED BUT NOT NEEDED! OPEN TO STEEL FITTERS!
Four years commercial/naval experience as a first class Shipfitter.
1.Single Pass Tack Welding.
2.Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
3.Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
4.Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
5. Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
6. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
7. Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
8. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.).
9. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
10. Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
All Shipfitters will be required to pass a MULTI Pass Tack Welder Qualification Test upon reporting for the first day of work. This test will be:
A. Using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Process.
B. With MIL-10718-M (A-5A) Filler Metal of MIL-E-22200/1.
C. In both the Vertical Up (3F) and Overhead (4F) positions.
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
A. Multiple Pass Tack Weld consisting of:
• One (1) hour practice
• One (1) hour Vertical test
• One (1) hour Overhead test
B. Visual Inspection of Weld Level I
• Six (6) hours.