[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Join the Tradesmen Team and enjoy great benefits such as:
* Vacation Pay.
* Health Insurance.
* Dental and Vision Plan.
* Prescription Drug Plan.
* Life Insurance.
* Short-Term Disability.
* 401(k) Profit-Sharing Savings Plan.
* Incentive Programs.
* Tool Purchase Programs.
* 4+yrs experience
* Maritime experience preferred
* Multi-Pass Tack Welding.
* Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
* Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
* Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
* Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
* Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
* Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
* Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.).
* Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
* Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
* Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
* Ability to use Work Packages and Drawings to plan and execute work.
* Ability to use Molded Lines and Ship Reference Lines to execute required work.
* Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Complex-shaped Shell Plates.
* Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Decks, Bulkheads, Longitudinal, trunks, etc:,
* Ability to Install and Replace Hull Inserts and Penetrations, Ability to Install Miscellaneous and Complex Foundations.
Prior to employment, all new hire candidates must clear a 10+yr Federal Background Check, 7yr employment verification, and a hair follicle drug test.