[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PLEASE APPLY VIA OUR WEBSITE - FOLLOWING THE LINK POSTED IN THIS AD WILL ENSURE THE PROMPT DELIVERY OF YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION TO OUR STAFFING DEPARTMENT.
Riley Power Group RPG is now accepting experienced Structural Welder applications for FUTURE work in the Newport News area of Hampton Roads. This position is LONG TERM and is shiftwork. The position requires a 7-year Background Check to include work/residence/criminal history as well as a physical to include a respirator fit test and a hair follicle drug screen. You must follow the URL link to our Career Page to apply and upload your current resume. Once you apply online, we will contact you as positions become available. Riley Power Group offers competitive wages and benefits after 90 days. Per Diem is paid to those who meet the contract specifications.
Four years of commercial/naval as a first-class Structural Welder.
Skills & other Requirements:
• Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding) and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
• Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
• Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
• Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
• Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges.
• All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests in accordance with MIL-STD-248D Paragraph 5.3.3 and the following:
• All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) SMAW process.
• All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) FCAW process.
• Horizontal (2G) position GMAW process.
• Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test.
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a seasoned management team with decades of applicable industry experience. RPG has a wealth of industry relationships and contracts that share a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We are looking forward to hearing from you! To learn more and apply, use our career portal link provided in this listing. RILEY POWER GROUP - RPG IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER - Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. RPG is a Drug Free Workplace and an E-Verify Employer.