[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PLEASE APPLY VIA OUR WEBSITE - FOLLOWING THE LINK POSTED IN THIS AD WILL ENSURE THE PROMPT DELIVERY OF YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION TO OUR STAFFING DEPARTMENT.
Riley Power Group RPG is now accepting experienced First-Class Sheet Metal Workers – Fillet Welder applications for FUTURE work in the Newport News area of Hampton Roads. This position is LONG TERM and is shiftwork. The position requires a 7-year Background Check to include work/residence/criminal history as well as a physical to include a respirator fit test and a hair follicle drug screen.
To expedite your resume delivery to our staffing department please use the URL link to our Career Page and apply by uploading your current resume and filling out the required information. Once you apply online, we will contact you as positions become available. Riley Power Group offers competitive wages and benefits after 90 days. Per Diem is paid to those who meet the contract specifications.
Minimum of four years commercial/ naval sheet metal experience as a first-class Sheet Metal Worker in the installation of foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture and sheet metal fabrication shop work.
Skills & other Requirements:
• Ability to comprehend complex ventilation assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
• Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
• Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
• Ability to assemble piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
• Experience working in a physically demanding environment.
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
• Experience using small hand tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns), and shop equipment (drill press, press break, hears, etc.).
• Carbon Steel Fillet Welding (512) Qualification: Fillet Welding- single pass (NAVSEA Technical Publication 39074_AQ_GIB 010/248).
• Rigger/ Material Handling
• Mobile Equipment (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
• MIG/ TIG Welding
• Burning- Oxygen/ Propane Burning Torch
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a seasoned management team with decades of applicable industry experience. RPG has a wealth of industry relationships and contracts that share a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We are looking forward to hearing from you! To learn more and apply, use our career portal link provided in this listing. If you require assistance applying, please contact our Staffing Department at (910) 420-6999 ext. 2.
RILEY POWER GROUP - RPG IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER - Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. RPG is a Drug Free Workplace and an E-Verify Employer.