[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Structural Welder Journeyperson and Structural Welder Helper
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be able to comprehend basic instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2. Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
3. Must have a fire watch card.
4. Must have a basic understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming nomenclature.
5. Must be able to effectively confer job related information to the journeyman/1st Class welder or Improver/2nd Class welder.
6. Must understand the basic principles of welding and be familiar with safety procedures pertaining to welding or have the ability to ask for safety information before working with welding equipment.
7. Must be able to operate electrical and pneumatic hand tools such as grinders and needle guns.
8. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand US customary measurement system.
9. Up to one (1) year of experience in a heavy industry environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist welders with completing assigned tasks successfully.
2. Arrive at the designated work site at the assigned time and end the shift as directed by the schedule and your supervisor or assigned welder.
3. Work shifts and overtime as assigned.
4. Complete daily work assignments.
5. Comply with OSHA standards and BAE best safety practices. Keep your work area clean and safe at all times, especially at the end of the shift.
6. Follow the directions provided by the Supervisor or assigned welder.
7. Comply with the Company’s “Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy” which expects that all relationships among persons in the workplace will be businesslike and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment.
8. Confer with the assigned welder to resolve unexpected events related to your assigned task. Work Tasks Include:
a) Pull lines and leads and secure them in a safe manner.
b) Prepare the work site for hot work.
c) Carry out job related tasks as assigned by the supervisor or pipe welder.
d) Prepare work area, drills holes, grind metal surfaces, or other preparation tasks assigned by the Journeyman/1st Class or Improver/2nd Class pipe welder.
Contact Paulette @ 757-873-5900 ext 150 or firstname.lastname@example.org