[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Johnson Service Group, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Coastal Engineer in South Florida.
• This is a direct hire full-time position
• Competitive compensation, excellent employee benefits
• Relocation assistance available
• 9+ years of combined work/study experience in Coastal Engineering. Technical and analytical skills in designing coastal projects. Experience working in a consulting firm environment on coastal projects.
• Education: Engineering Bachelor's Degree in Marine or Coastal Engineering or related scientific field.
• Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or ability to be licensed in the state of Florida
• Management and mentoring of engineering staff.
• Experience with preparation of proposals, selection presentations and business development.
• Some travel in support of project and business activities.
Preferred (not required):
• Experience in project design development from conceptual to detailed design level.
• Development of construction bid packages and job construction estimate experience
• Development of field data collection plans and data analysis.
• Experience with numerical modeling of coastal processes (wave propagation, currents and wave-current interaction, storm surge and flooding, sediment transport and morphology change)
• Beach nourishment projects in the Gulf states (experience in Florida would be a plus)
• Ability to work with large project teams and to interact with clients, permitting agencies and other stakeholders.
• Involvement in the coastal engineering community through participation in associations, presentation in conferences and publication of journal and conference papers.
• Advanced Education: Graduate degree (M.Sc., PhD) in Coastal or Marine Engineering or related field.
• Strong quantitative abilities and computer skills/expertise.
• Coastal restoration projects involving engineering team management and construction engineering services.
• Assist with marketing plans for growing our Marine, Coastal and Ports business line and will be a strategic addition to our team of highly qualified marine scientists and coastal engineers.
• Lead teams in the design process for coastal restoration projects from conceptual design to detailed designs including: plans, specifications and construction documents.
• Lead project management activities - responsible for: scope, budget and schedule working in close coordination with project team, sub-consultants and client.
• Design, manage and contribute to field programs and field data analysis.
• Define numerical modeling needs for coastal restoration projects; provide guidance to the numerical modeling team and QA/QC numerical modeling results.
• Manage and mentor a diverse engineering and numerical modelling staff to seek continuous improvement though implementation of lessons learned and performance evaluations.
• Participate in business development activities, write proposals and prepare and present selection presentations.
Johnson Service Group is an EEO / An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer