[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
CTR has an immediate need for 1st Class Pipefitters with Submarine experience for long term shipyard project in Newport News, VA
Full Time/ Long Term/ Paid Weekly/ Benefits/ Per Diem Offered
Must have 3 or more years a marine, commercial nuclear, or petro/chem Pipefitter
Must have experience pipefitting on submarines
Required Experience / Qualifications:
1.Able to read and interpret ship piping drawings.
2. Experienced fitting carbon steel, CRES, and copper nickel piping.
3. Ability to end prep piping by hand and/or with Wach or Portsmouth Machine.
4. Knowledge in installing pipe hangers.
5. Ability to read a ruler using inches and tenths.
6. Ability to prep and fit-up backing rings.
7. Ability to clean cut/break pipe with a grinder.
8. Ability to hand prep V bevels.
9. Experience in fabrication of various details and assemblies from drawings.
10. Ability to bend pipe from template and in the use of a hand bender.
11. Ability to fit welded sockets.
12. Ability to fit brazed joints with/without insert ring
Must be able to pass a background check- no felonies
Must be able to pass a hair follicle drug test
Text Bridget @ 251-216-9983
Call Bridget @ 757-873-5900 ext 181