[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
ULG Skilled Trades is seeking an experienced 1st class ship fitter for a 6+ month project in LA.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION SUBMIT A RESUME AND TEXT YOUR NAME AND “SHIP” TO 704-680-8706.
Must have been previously classed as a 1st class shipfitter.
ULG has an immediate opening for Class A Shipfitters for a projects in Madisonville, LA. As a Class A Shipfitter for ULG Skilled Trades, you’ll lay out, position, align, and fit together fabricated parts of metal according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches in preparation for welding. You will also inspect tack-welds completed by the assigned welder, or in some cases their own tack welding work, for conformance to specifications.
· MUST have 3 years of shipfitter experience
· Ability to work with a tape measure and determine center point
· Able to perform basic math calculations using fractions, carpenter's math
· Proficiency in reading and understanding blueprints
· All Fitters must pass a tack welding test; six-part practical test using an oxy-fuel cutting torch
· May require working above ground
· Must be able to climb ladders or stairs to reach objects, comfortable with heights
· May require working in narrow or confined work spaces for extended periods of time
· May require extensive kneeling, bending, walking and/or standing for long periods of time
· Minimum of 3 years of structural fitter experience
· Must be able to perform fitting and welding work while wearing all required personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a filtering face piece and /or tight-fitting respirator
· Willing to be flexible with shifts, work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed
· MUST be able to pass a drug screen
· MUST have updated resume with references to support experience with crane
· MUST have reliable transportation and 2 valid ID’s
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION SUBMIT A RESUME AND TEXT YOUR NAME AND “SHIP” TO 704-680-8706