[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Pipefitter positions in Jacksonville FL - must be DBIDS eligible. Requires knowledge of ship repair, 6 years pipefitting, and brazing experience!
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2. Must have a comprehensive knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
3. Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must be able to effectively confer job related information such as conditions found reports in writing that include recommended corrective action.
5. Must have a thorough knowledge of experience with P-73 joint fit-up.
6. Must have a comprehensive knowledge of Silver Brazing theory.
7. Must be able to certify in:
a. MT Braze (B-1)
b. MT Braze (B-2)
8. Must be able to interpret drawings, specifications, and Navy/MSC/ABS standard items and manuals.
9. Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of equipment and work processes used in marine pipe fabrication, repair, and targeting.
10. Must be able to operate and care for equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools used to accomplish assigned work.
11. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
12. Must have six (6) years of pipefitting experience, four (3) of which in the maritime repair environment.
For more info or if you want to apply, please email your resume to email@example.com and give me a call or text me the best time and number to reach you!