[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Aerotek is currently seeking five Outside Machinist/Marine Mechanics to work in San Diego. Below are more details regarding the position.
- Repair, troubleshoot, and perform maintenance on Boilers, pumps, and valves
- Working on board Ships on auxiliary equipment, pumps values, boiler systems
- Performs major and specialized mechanical overhaul and repair work on gasoline and marine engines, outboard motors, and related marine equipment and systems using schematic charts and technical manuals
- Establishes and maintains a preventive maintenance program for marine engines and related marine research equipment
- Tests marine engines and equipment to determine need for repairs or adjustments
- Repairs and maintains hydraulic equipment and valves
- Operates hand and power tools associated with marine engine and equipment repair
- Assists in fabrication of equipment
- 5+ years of experience working as a Outside Machinist, Industrial Mechanic, Machinist Mate, or Enginemen
- Thorough knowledge of how to repair motors, shafts, pumps, and valves
- Ability to read blueprints or mechanical drawings
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs consistently
- Experience with Diesel Engines is a plus
The position will pay $22-$28/hr based on knowledge and experience. All interested and qualified candidates please apply with an updated copy of your resume in order to be considered for the position.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.